Could I be sensitive to dairy?

MissHLG

I reintroduced dairy on Friday. The next morning I woke up with energy, feeling great, and lost a pound. I thought maybe my body actually missed dairy! But today- couldn’t sleep last night, feeling tired, my face is swollen with some rosacea returning and I gained a pound.

my question is: if I was sensitive to dairy, why didn’t the reactions happen the next day. Or does it sometimes take 2 days to see those results. Yesterday and today I’m back on whole 30

• Administrators

It can take some time for the body to process a reaction. given that you had a skin reaction I would say that it is very likely dairy caused. Dairy is notorious for causing and exacerbating skin issues such as eczema and inflammatory skin issues like rosacea. If you want to know absolutely for sure, go back on Whole30 until you are feeling and looking (skin) just as good as you were before you tried it and then try it again and see what happens. Might take 7-10-14 days for the skin issues to clear up. They can come on quickly but take quite a while to resolve.

Archived