Day 15 with sharp, intermittent abdominal pains

I am on my first Whole30 and am now on Day 15.  Things are going well as most of the negative side effects (fatigue, mental fog, nausea) have subsided.  However, I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced sharp, intermittent abdominal cramps/pain after about 10 days on Whole30?  For the last 4-5 days, I generally have a constant 'shadow' of pain in my ovarian, lower abdomen with sharp, shooting, crampy pains which seem to indicate that I need to have a bowel movement.  My abdomen as a whole just seems 'tense' or 'tight' and the pains go away after I have a bowel movement but are a 6-7 on a scale of 0-10 with 10 being the worst pain which makes it embarrassing in public because I can barely walk to get to the bathroom.  They are pretty severe.  In my mind, it feels like adhesions (in my mind, because I have never had adhesions.....)but there is no reason to believe that this is possible.  It seems that my 'cue to poo' has changed to this sharp stabbing pain and I'm not happy about it.  BTW, I am a seasoned nurse and do not believe in any way that this is something that needs to be addressed by a physician.  Just wondering if there is a history of people having these symptoms.  Thanks!

I just posted something inquiring about this as well.  Your post is the first I've noticed reflected the same general issue.  I've had the cramping/bloating going on since day 1 and I'm on day 27 now.  Was considering going to the doc for gastritis or other diagnosis --like you I have no history of that kind of need -- but have put it off.  I started probiotic pill last night so hoping that helps.  Mine is less productive than yours -- I'm kind of jealous, lol.  Just the cramps/bloating and extended delays from normal on BMs altogether.  Ugh.  Anyway, not much helpful in this reply, but wanted you to know you're not alone.  

Before I read your reply, I saw your thread and it sounds like we are experiencing similar issues.  Unlike the reply to yours, I KNOW i am not undereating!  It's very bizarre because I feel like my gut is just angry and up tight.  I definitely am having better bowel movements now on Day 18.  Not so hard and rock like but the crampy/sharp/stabbing electrical-jolting pains are still with me!  Thanks for replying.  If I find anything that seems to help, I'll let you know.  Do you drink kombucha at all?  Because it has plenty of probiotics in it.

Sharp abdominal pains are not normal, and are nothing to mess around with. I know you said you're in the medical field, but it wouldn't hurt to get checked by a doctor. At best, though, it could be an intolerance to something you're eating regularly. I know nuts/seeds will trigger some painful digestive issues for me.

Archived