Day 27 Gut still not happy

I'm almost finished with my Whole30 and since day 1 have experienced gut discomfort every day -- everything from painful stomach cramps, extreme bloating (w/o relief) mainly after dinner thru bedtime, irregularity, and everything generally associated with those issues, except no nausea.  At one point, I was concerned I had gastritis and was ready to book a doc appointment, but the symptoms dialed down a bit so I have not done that.  I finally bought probiotic pills last night and have started those 1 per day.  As far as food intake, I started the early days with probably not enough protein and too heavy on salads/raw veggies.  Since about day 10, I rarely eat salad greens, no broccoli, no tomatoes (acidic) and stick to meat and cooked, non-cruciferous veggies, including potatoes.  On fruits, it's been apples and melon.  Beverages - about 95% just water for 27 days.  My concern now is how to handle the reintroduction phase (and be able to tell what affects those foods have for me) given that my gut is really not "settled" at this late date.  Anybody else experience this?  Suggestions on handling the reintroduction phase would be MUCH appreciated.  Thank you! 

Here are the past two days of meals which are typical of what I have been doing for 27 days -with more protein after day 9 or 10:

Breakfast - have been eating the same for several weeks now daily:

2.5 eggs (hubby and I split 5 scrambled eggs)
1 medium red potato
1 serving meat - either 2-3 pieces of W30 compliant bacon (Applegate uncured, no sugar added) OR 1/2 Adelle chicken sausage OR homemade chicken sausage
Small serving of cantelope (sometimes)

Lunch --

Yesterday was 2 slices roasted pork loin, serving of potatoes, serving of sauteed yellow squash
Today was 2 sauteed chicken thighs, 5 slices of cucumber with balsamic & olive oil, 4 diced pieces of pineapple

Dinner --

Yesterday was half cup pulled pork, serving of potatoes, serving of green beans
2 days ago was 2 chicken drumsticks, serving of yellow squash, serving of green beans

17 hours ago, MichelleR said:

Here are the past two days of meals which are typical of what I have been doing for 27 days -with more protein after day 9 or 10:

Breakfast - have been eating the same for several weeks now daily:

2.5 eggs (hubby and I split 5 scrambled eggs)
1 medium red potato
1 serving meat - either 2-3 pieces of W30 compliant bacon (Applegate uncured, no sugar added) OR 1/2 Adelle chicken sausage OR homemade chicken sausage
Small serving of cantelope (sometimes)

Lunch --

Yesterday was 2 slices roasted pork loin, serving of potatoes, serving of sauteed yellow squash
Today was 2 sauteed chicken thighs, 5 slices of cucumber with balsamic & olive oil, 4 diced pieces of pineapple

Dinner --

Yesterday was half cup pulled pork, serving of potatoes, serving of green beans
2 days ago was 2 chicken drumsticks, serving of yellow squash, serving of green beans

Not sure if this is contributing to your gut problems, but I don't think you're eating enough in general, and definitely not enough veggies! Also not a lot of fat. How long did it take you to feel hungry after that lunch of chicken thighs and 5 pieces of cucumber and pineapple? I would be STARVING in like 30 minutes! Your body just might not be adjusting completely because you're under eating!

Thanks for the reply, Rachel.  I do better at avoiding hunger when my protein intake is higher.  I have not been suffering from hunger, wouldn’t do that, but at same time, I have been leary of many veggies in general due to all the discomfort.  The probiotic is helping so I will work on getting more on my plate.

This is a long shot but I need to chime in...After a few months on Atkins several years ago, with eggs for breakfast every morning, I developed an allergy to eggs. I'd never had any problem before, but one day there it was. Is it possible that you have a sensitivity to something that's been on your menu every day?

Archived