SeaSnax and glutinous rice flour

meetsey

Hi all!

I just discovered the wonders of SeaSnax and love them as a crunchy alternative to chips. 

I noticed that glutinous rice flour is in the ingredients, which should be absolutely non-compliant, but it is a Whole30-approved snack. 

Does this mean that glutinous rice flour is compliant? Or only compliant in SeaSnax? Thanks!

- m

• Moderators

We can ask headquarters about this but if your item that you want to eat has glutinous rice flour in it, then it's NOT compliant... Leave it with us to double check as they may have changed their recipe or something that is going to render them non compliant.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, meetsey said:

Hi all!

I just discovered the wonders of SeaSnax and love them as a crunchy alternative to chips. 

I noticed that glutinous rice flour is in the ingredients, which should be absolutely non-compliant, but it is a Whole30-approved snack. 

Does this mean that glutinous rice flour is compliant? Or only compliant in SeaSnax? Thanks!

- m

Specifically which product style and flavour do you have which shows the rice flour so that we can narrow down what might be happening here.

Thank you both! The Chomperz have glutinous rice flour listed in the ingredients. http://www.seasnax.com/Chomperz_c_17.html

The other items all look compliant, so maybe Chomperz are the only ones that aren't. The Whole30 site didn't specify whether all items were compliant or not so I just assumed all of them were compliant. May have been a bad assumption on my part. 

Thanks for checking!

- m

• Administrators

Hey, ya, so for sure not all products across a Whole30 approved brand are compliant. If they have the Whole30 Approved logo on a package w/ non-compliant ingredients, that's a problem - but if they produce non-Whole30 compliant products and don't claim them, that's fine. It's due-diligence on the consumer's part. :)

Archived