Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Hope4Overcomers

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hope4Overcomers and @wp3 Thanks for the suggestions on Larabars and RxBars! To be completely honest, I'm kind of an all-or-nothing kind of person, so they don't really appeal to me. One, I don't like the taste of them (I've tried a variety and they're really just meh). But mostly, if I'm doing Whole30, I'm trying to be healthy and the healthiest option for me is a Wild Zora meat and veggie bar. So I'll be eating those. If I'm not on Whole30, I'm gonna take a Nutrageous or a Snickers bar!! 

Hi All You Wild And Crazy Whole30ers!

I'm on Day 4 of restart Round 2. I have a headache and am tired. Need to pick up some B50 or B100 supplement. All is well and peaceful. No attempts at killing anyone! :o

How is everyone doing?? I’m hoping to hear about some Tiger Blood soon! Would love, love, love, to hear your updates!

Gentle Hugs and Lots of Encouragement!!

Dianne

More digestive distress today. Thought I'd gotten past this. I think my body is coming to terms with all the veggies. 

Saw RxBars in the store so I bought the blueberry flavor just to try it. I absolutely loved it. Yet another thing I need to stay far far away from because I could live on those things.

Hello There @wp3!!!

so glad to hear from you. Equally saddened to hear you are still having digestive stress. I sure “get” that!

I could be addicted to RXBars Chocolate Sea Salt! Love em! Sure can’t order them by the case! I’ll have to give the blueberry a try for when I’m in a pinch sometime!

Enjoy your day!

Dianne

I am glad everyone is doing well. I can’t seem to get going so planning on this Mon or possibly Sept 3rd. Haven’t decided. @kirbz thanks for the info on the Wild Zora bar. I can do the pork ones only and then the beef of epic bars. All the rest have things I have to stay away from. I go very easy on the RXbars or the Larabar since they are too much like candy for me. They are only emergency if I don’t have the epic 

@Hope4Overcomers sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope all goes well. 

@Elizabeth33 so sorry to hear you are having some strugggles this round. I certainly understand and can relate. I went out on a lovely date with my boyfriend last night and landed flat on my face as far as Whole30 goes. My boyfriend and I went back to Day 1 today after much debate but feel that’s the proper thing in our case to do. I’m glad for the opportunity for fresh starts! I felt unbelieveably good after my last completion of 30 Days of Whole30. I want that back! I plan on moving into Paleo after this completed round and see how I do on that.

I also post on the Start Date of August 20th Group if you want some additional support from those closer to your new start date. Like our group, it is warm, friendly, and encouraging. 

I just want to stand beside you however I can best do that. You are truly a special lady.

Don’t disappear on us please! You matter!

Be Encouraged, Friend!

Dianne

Hey all,

I've decided to consider this my last day of my whole30. That melatonin I took that had the sweetener was pretty tiny so I think I was being a bit too strict on my decision about that.

So, here are my final results for my first 30 days:

Starting weight: 263.4

End weight: 248 (loss of 15.4 lbs)

Other benefits:

My foot pain is 85% reduced

More mental clarity/more interest in learning things

My body feels leaner and a little bit stronger

I've seen some glimpses of tiger blood. 

I'm happier/more optimistic about life

Where do I go from here? Well, I'm still very serious about losing that 100 lbs. I am not going to do continuous whole30s to get there, however. I think the advice to not whole30 all the time is good just because of how strict this program is. For instance, I wanted to make a dessert out of bananas, chia seeds and coconut milk but knew that was against the spirit of whole30. I should be able to make desserts occasionally without feeling guilty about it so I am going to continue on a strict Paleo diet instead. Same idea, just a little less rigid.

After I lose the 100 lbs I will focus on getting physically stronger through strength training. I have no desire to look like Arnold, but I do want to be as physically strong as I can be. It helps I've always loved to lift weights. 

This last week I've missed some meals due to not being as organized as I need to be. So there is plenty of room for improvement. 

I will hang out for a while just to see how everyone finishes up their whole30. Finish strong everyone!

Wow!  Great results @wp3  Congratulations.  I tend to agree on not continuously W30-ing.  I did that for a while and all I learned was not to trust my own ability to decide about foods.  I also felt so deprived that it triggered binging.  So now I have a little more freedom but stick to what I know feels good and well away from sugar,  Good luck for the onward journey

@wp3, Outstanding results! I’m back at Day 7 because I fell down once. I am absolutely thrilled for you and sooo proud of you! I love it!

@hmg1993 way to go as well! I agree with your findings as well. I am so proud of you two I could burst (almost)!

It is stuff like the two of you that hero’s are made of! Or at least Hope 4 Overcomers!

I’ll carry on troops! Day 7 and who’s counting?? Me of course!!

How is everyone else doing??????

Gentle Hugs!

Dianne

Hmmm. I thought I was starting Day 7 today, but I can now see I’m actually beginning Day 8, Round 2. Yayyyy! Clearly my memory has not improved yet! :huh: However I am experiencing decreased shoulder pain. My boyfriend’s arthritis symptoms in his hands have also dramatically improved. Good deal! I’ll take it!

Off to read Day By Day, Day 8. Love that little book!

What Day is everyone else at??? Any progress reports??

Be encouraged one and all!

Dianne

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on day 16.  The first 10 day were tough - but I am feeling fine and fully on board.  But yesterday I noticed these bags under my eyes.  It makes me concerned!!  Hey Diane - did yours go away??  Anyone else?

Thanks!

Mona

Hello!  I'm on Day 4.  No significant struggles - outside of normal daily self-employed stress - except minimal sleep (my dog is suffering extreme allergies/itching ALL NIGHT LONG), and some subsequent late-night hunger last night (avocado/nutritional yeast + water quenched the fire).

After cooking all meals over the last 3 days, it's a relief to know I finally have a nice stockpile of leftovers I can enjoy again or transform (i.e., last night's scampi over butternut ribbons, which I'll be turning into a Thai curry-type soup with lots of spices, coconut milk, and veggies).

Background: I've tried just about every meal plan in my 42 years, starting with 80s diets as a child (Body Type diet, Slim-Fast, WW too many times to count, fat-free crazes of the 90s, Atkins, cabbage soup).  A holistic practitioner friend had me working on food elimination about a decade ago, focusing on gluten.  I was motivated and starting to feel "lighter", until I hit a huge unexpected business hurdle while  suffering through the flu, and I fell off the wagon completely, ne'er to return. 

In recent years, I was vegan 2.5 years, then grain-free for a year (Paleo-ish/Bulletproof), then finally Wheat Belly (grain-free + low-carb) for a year - which, in time, made me nauseous after drinking fat-laden coffee and prebiotic shakes [determined later that I was intolerant to excessive fat, an expected liver issue, although I may have 4 total glasses of wine in a year's time...!].   I was then advised to REALLY scale back, eliminate all fats, in addition to the grains I had already eschewed - which just blew my mind and made me run for cover, wondering how I could continue on so "deprived". All the while, I have remained a much-too-large person (100+ pounds), and I'm starting to feel those affects more and more (foot/heel pain, shoulder pain which has now become chronic, inconsistent/broken sleep, overall ache and stiffness I can't deny).

I'm interested to see how different I feel after 30 days without inflammatory foods.  I don't ever weigh myself, and I'll let my clothes and the way I feel be my guide as to "success".  My main goal is to get out of this midday slump/extreme fatigue I've been experiencing the last few years, which is never relieved by extra coffee or energy drinks.   Consistent daytime energy would be ideal, but I know I've taxed my adrenals for far too long, with lifestyle neglect (food and entrepreneurial stress overload).

Note for today:  I sure do miss my half-n-half frothy morning latte with splash of Coffee-Mate.  Yes, I'm drinking coffee with almond milk/coconut milk, but it just isn't quite the same, and not as enticing to drag me outta bed.  Then again, with my adrenal fatigue, I shouldn't drink coffee anyway, so it's a win-win (epiphany).

Nice to "meet" you all. ☺

Archived