Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Hope4Overcomers

2 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Whoa!!! What’s up with the bags under my eyes!! :o As my son used to say “You could go shopping with those bags!”. :D Anybody else have the dark circles under the eyes look?? I don’t think makeup will touch it! Ouch! Whole30 Day 3!

Huh?

Dianne

Not enough water possibly??

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Whoot Whoot, what a woman @Elizabeth33! I’m so proud of you and love seeing the photo! You did great in a situation that would have tempted anyone. You are my new role model!! :)

Be encouraged! You are doing it!!

Dianne

All of you here has really help me and thank you

@Meg1130 great job on those events so fantastic. I definitely need to look in that cook book. Also great idea on the shredded chicken I will need to figure out sauces I can make. I can’t do garlic, onions, pepper and nightshade.

@wp3 I am glad things are going better for you. I so understand the grocery store. I was picking up cilantro and had to walk through the sugar dragons den and I though of you.

@kirbz and @Sparoblu  I will need to check out those recipes. I LOVE BACON as well. 

@jeslight  so glad you are here with us. Hats off to you with everything you are doing. I have total admiration for people doing this who have kids and husband that aren’t doing this. 

Thanks all for sharing such great ideas. 

And just because I couldn't resist and was craving some fat, crispy turkey skin. I did share with my brother. It was so good. It has taken me 2 days and 4 times to get the turkey thighs cooked all the way. And they still are not done. I don't get it. Ah Well<_<

Turkey.jpg

8 hours ago, kirbz said:

I'm eating way too much bacon!

I've eaten seven meals since starting Whole30 on Saturday... And I've eaten bacon with four of those meals. Yikes! I need to lay off the bacon and eat more greens! LOL. 

you are so lucky - I cant find any sugar free bacon anywhere !

Sadly for those of us in Australia, compliant bacon is quite tricky. I ate a lot of Pork Belly instead for my first Whole30, baked the pork belly in the oven, then pan fried slices for "bacon", it's not smoked but it's still tasty.

I have ended up with some carrots and chicken pan gravy left over from my roast chickens, wondering if it will be weird with eggs for breakfast (it's the gravy I'm not sure about, texture wise).

If you're looking for any burger inspiration, Mel Joulwan also has a legendary list of meatball recipes, I prefer burger patties to meatballs as they're more forgiving when they're uneven ;)

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/03/08/march-meatball-madness/

@praxisproject yep - Ive resorted to Pork Belly as well but found its just better to stick with a variety of organic whole meats - its costing a fortune but we are eating well - just not able to have the flexibility of adding bacon to flavour up some dishes - I found one processed meat product from Italy that is only pork and salt - its a pancetta that Coles carries - so I use that in a pinch! I think chicken pan gravy goes with anything so I'd give it a go with eggs! And Ive been trying Mel Joulwan recipes - did one of her burger combos in grilled portabello mushrooms the other day and it was delicious!

On 8/4/2018 at 4:38 AM, kirbz said:

@TracyOKeeffe You're welcome! Let us know how you like the potatoes! I hope you like them as much as I do! :-) 

Hey @kirbz the potatoes were awesome - had to switch it up a bit -  no compliant cans of artichoke hearts  :mellow: so I roasted some jerusalem artichokes and added them instead!

IMG_5551.jpg

4 hours ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

@Hope4Overcomers thank you! I've been wanting to comment but was too lame to figure out how! I love how you encourage everyone :)

You are so much beyond welcome!! It’s so totally great to have you on board! Blessings! Dianne

4 hours ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

@Hope4Overcomers thank you! I've been wanting to comment but was too lame to figure out how! I love how you encourage everyone :)

3 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

You are so much beyond welcome!! It’s so totally great to have you on board! Blessings! Dianne

6 hours ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

Hey @kirbz the potatoes were awesome - had to switch it up a bit -  no compliant cans of artichoke hearts  :mellow: so I roasted some jerusalem artichokes and added them instead!

IMG_5551.jpg

Recipe please! These look delicious!

Yes! Recipe please....

Anyone else hit the 4 Days rough spot? Or, whatever day you’re on and your experience. I’m tired, headachy, and spacey. I believe it’s just part of the cleansing process and is actually good because toxins are leaving the body. Just wondering if anyone else is there?

All is good though. Blessings!

Dianne

@Meg1130 @Hope4Overcomers Here is the recipe for those Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Potatoes: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/twice-baked-potatoes-paleo-whole30-vegan/. They are my mostest favoritest potatoes ever (not just for Whole30, but in general)!! 

She also has a sweet potato variation of twice baked potatoes that I've always wanted to try but haven't yet: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes-paleo/

In general, Paleo Running Momma is amazing! I've never tried a recipe I haven't loved! 

7 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Yes! Recipe please....

Anyone else hit the 4 Days rough spot? Or, whatever day you’re on and your experience. I’m tired, headachy, and spacey. I believe it’s just part of the cleansing process and is actually good because toxins are leaving the body. Just wondering if anyone else is there?

Dianne

@Hope4Overcomers My 2nd and 3rd days were the worst. I was exhausted, lightheaded and irritable. People at work thought I was getting sick. Once I hit days 5 and 6 I have felt so much better! I am sure it is different for everyone though. Keep strong the symptoms will hopefully end soon!

11 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Yes! Recipe please....

Dianne

Just now, Meg1130 said:

@Hope4Overcomers My 2nd and 3rd days were the worst. I was exhausted, lightheaded and irritable. People at work thought I was getting sick. Once I hit days 5 and 6 I have felt so much better! I am sure it is different for everyone though. Keep strong the symptoms will hopefully end soon!

1 minute ago, Meg1130 said:

I got sick after the first day with uncontrollable sneezing on and off and stinging/burning nasal passages. I’m sure it is just because I took a flight home from a 2 week vacation. I got sick a couple of months ago soon after my flight. I have to start over because there was soybean oil in my taco sauce, honey in my Wellness Formula tincture, and I took cherry flavored baby aspirin because it was 3:30am in the morning and I didn’t want to wake my husband trying to find something for sore nasal passages. Probably won’t work today and rest. Had a lovely Whole30 day before all that began...

1 hour ago, Meg1130 said:

Thank you @Meg1130! Not that I wanted you to suffer but it’s always nice for us to know we’re not alone in this journey! Not to mention, it will pass and there is living proof out there that it will, like you! I shall keep strong! After all there is hope for overcomers!! Smile. Dianne

Archived