Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Hope4Overcomers

22 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

@hmg1993 I’m right with you guys! Stating over. Day 1 here we are! A fresh start. So glad we get that with Whole30. Don’t just have to stand in the corner with our tail between our legs. This death in the family and the off eating pattern it creates has really been a challenge. I covet all of your support as tomorrow is the funeral and food will be a strong presence in it. Plus I’m not home to cook and people have gone to great effort to cook for us all. It may turn out a more realistic start date for me is Wednesday, the 15th. I’m going to give it my best shot in the meanwhile though.

Welcome to a new beginning for those of us who find themselves at this point. Late but still great!! 

@Lisaarace

@Elizabeth33

Be encouraged, even now!!

Dianne

You know, for special occasions like this I don't think it's a problem to break a few eating rules. Whichever start date you choose is a good one.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hope4Overcomers I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your boyfriend's family the very best. And congratulations on committing to a new start date. I truly believe this is a wonderful program, but sometimes life happens and I think it's perfectly acceptable to change your goals when that happens. But you should be oh-so-proud of yourself for getting right back on the bandwagon! You'll be great in this next round!

@Elizabeth33 Aww, you didn't blow it! You made a choice, learned from it, and are back at it again! This program is already hard and I can't imagine doing it with the restrictions you have! So, don't be mad or disappointed with yourself. Just remind yourself of your goals and get back at it. We're all still here to support you and wish you the very, very best! 

I also struggled over the weekend. I stuck with it but I haven't eaten anything in the last 24 hours because I just don't feel like it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm starving. But nothing sounds good and the amount of meal planning and prep is just straight-up overwhelming to me right now. I haven't given up (mostly due to a pep talk and my fiance refusing to allow me to eat non-compliant foods last night), but I also haven't worked up the energy to actually cook/eat as of late. 

This is definitely hard, but we can do it! 

Thank you so much @kirbz on behalf of @Elizabeth33 and me! You are so empathetic and such an encourager! I just know you can do it as well! Hang in there! I hit the phase in my last round where nothing sounded good and I couldn’t sum up the energy to surpass it. But I did and in the end I had Tiger Blood. You can do it! I’m cheering for you!

Go Get Em!

Dianne

Had a crazy busy day at work. I noticed I felt a little bit stronger and felt a little more endurance as well as I was working. Just got off of work and can't believe I feel pretty good physically. Normally at this point after a day like today I'd be totally wiped. I'm pretty happy about it. 

Not all was great. I dealt with some digestive distress but fortunately it didn't interfere with work. This is the second day that has happened. Spent half my 30 minute lunch in the bathroom so I didn't get to eat all of my food, which was disappointing.

I've also been going through this intense need to stretch all the time. It started a few days ago. I guess I knew I had become less flexible but just didn't realize how tight I had gotten. Today I felt more limber, but there is definitely a long way to go.

@wp3 That's great to hear you're feeling stronger and experience improve endurance! That's a huge NSV! 

How is everyone else doing?

I almost gave up yesterday. It was my birthday and while I had always planned to push through Whole30 for that day, I actually went to the store and bought my favorite cake, fully planning on eating it! But I didn't! My commitment to the program definitely wanes as I get hungry. And, since I hadn't eaten by 12:00 pm after doing a 6.5 mile hike, I was hungry! But, even after buying the cake, I told myself I needed to eat a good Whole30 meal before eating it. After I did that, I didn't really need the cake anymore so I put it away. 

I definitely need to get my meal planning together. I'm skipping way to many meals due to poor planning, lack of appetite, and feelings of being overwhelmed. 

Also wanted to share an absolutely delicious meal I had last night! Here is the recipe: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-salisbury-steak-meatballs-whole30/

My fiance cooks and eats Whole30 when we share meals, but not otherwise. He says this is hands-down his favorite Whole30 meal. Who knew Whole30 gravy could be so delicious!? I could eat that by the spoonful! 

Anyway, I paired it with the mashed potatoes from this recipe: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-swedish-meatballs-whole30/. It was truly amazing and will become a part of the regular rotation for sure! 

I am ready to quit! I'm on day13 and more exhausted than ever and no food sounds good to me. I even ordered Zoe's Kitchen tonight and I could tell it was good but I wasn't even hungry. I have bought whole 30 cook books but none of it sounds good. I just thought at this point I'd be seeing an improvement-- not depression and constant exhaustion. Somebody give me some motivation :)

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Cmclean said:

I am ready to quit! I'm on day13 and more exhausted than ever and no food sounds good to me. I even ordered Zoe's Kitchen tonight and I could tell it was good but I wasn't even hungry. I have bought whole 30 cook books but none of it sounds good. I just thought at this point I'd be seeing an improvement-- not depression and constant exhaustion. Somebody give me some motivation :)

I'm sorry you're not feeling great. 

First, even though food doesn't sound good, do be sure you eat something. Not eating or not eating enough will just add to the exhaustion and depression.

A few things that generally come up when people are still exhausted and having trouble this far into their Whole30:  Are you salting your food to taste, drinking plenty of water (1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz), and are you eating enough? Eating enough means for each meal, having: 1-2 palm-sized servings of protein the length, width, and height of your palm, or if eggs are your only protein, as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, so probably 3-4; 1-2 thumb-sized servings of fat, or 1/2 to a whole avocado, or a heaping handful or two of olives or coconut flakes, or 1/4-1/2 a can of full-fat coconut milk, or a small handful of nuts or seeds -- this is in addition to any oil you cook in; and then fill your plate with vegetables. At least once a day, have a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable (potato, sweet potato, or other root veggies like carrots, parsnips, turnips ,beets; winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash; or plantain) -- it's fine to have more, many people who are prone to depression or anxiety find they need more than one serving.  If you want fruit, have not more than a couple of closed fist-sized servings a day, with meals not on its own. If you are working out, you have pre- and post-workout food in addition to your three meals a day.

For the food boredom/not wanting to eat -- some people find it helpful to try new foods when they feel this way, but if you're not seeing anything that looks good, maybe go with things that you've had before and know you like and that are easy to fix. Was there something you've had earlier in your Whole30 that you really enjoyed? Or is there a favorite non-Whole30 recipe you might be able to change to be compliant? 

If you want feedback on your meals, start a discussion in the Troubleshooting part of the forum:  https://forum.whole30.com/forum/19-troubleshooting-your-whole30/. Be as specific about what you've been eating as possible as far as particular vegetables and serving sizes, and if you are working out, let us know that and what you're doing for pre- and post-workout food.

You can download the meal template here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Hey @Cmclean,

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. I am not going to try and inspire you. Instead I'm going to use some logic here. 

You are almost halfway through your challenge. If you do quit what do you think the odds are you will regret it and always wonder what might have happened if you had just stuck it out?If that happens, and you decide to try again,  you will have to go through those 13 days all over again.

If you are on this forum you obviously care deeply about your own health. I think the odds are almost 100% you would try again. It makes no sense to have to go through this transition period all over again when you can get it over with now. 

What if you are only a couple days away from feeling fantastic?

It's something to think about. You can do anything for a couple more weeks with enough determination.

@Cmclean Did you know that days 10-11 are the days that folks are most likely to quit their Whole30 journey? It's true! So, you're certainly not alone in feeling what you're feeling! In fact, it's kinda a normal part of the process! 

From personal experience though, I can tell you that it is worth it to just push through. You came here for a reason! So remind yourself of those reasons, and know that you're oh-so close to feeling something great! Take note of even the smallest of victories in the meantime! And stay strong knowing that the biggest ones are coming soon!

You can do this! 

Sorry to hear there is some struggle, @Cmclean! I give my 100% support to the posts push through. This will pass. It may be a sign of how much you actually need it! Definitely don’t quit! You got this!

As many of you know there was a death in the family and I found myself in Whole30 no where land at relatives homes. My Restart Date is Monday, August 20th, as my boyfriend has decided to comitt to it also with me. I’ll start us by leading the way. He’s been on the site reading up and I’ve ordered him the main book. It arrives late Saturday. I’ve never had a live person join me before so it should be great comraderie and support. Surely I’ll learn new things and utilize tried and true.

I’ve missed you all! Thanks for the great support you continue to offer. I’ll be on the whole way before and after the 20th. I grow from you all!

Be encouraged as you so encourage me!

Dianne

Hello Everyone!!!!

How is it going???

Please reply to this post and state what day you are on and report how you’re doing! I’d LOVE to know!

Dianne: Reset. Back to Day Zero. Restarting Monday, August 20th. Funeral activities and family gatherings centered around food tripped me up. I’m psyched to begin anew for 30 plus days, with my boyfriend joining me this time.

Next:??

Thanks for responding. 

I truly care!!

Gentle Hugs,

Dianne

Hi @Hope4Overcomers!  On day 5 and starting to settle in.  My goal this weekend is to find some good new recipes to try as my tried and true are getting a little too familiar and rote.  I follow the instagram feed and bloggers like nom nom paleo so have lots of inspiration but welcome any and all suggestions.  My mini epiphany this week has been if not now then when?  I can't keep bouncing back and forth and need to commit to getting this food, body image thing conquered once and for all.  My old pattern would be to do W30 for 60-90 days and then have a big fall.  Now I just want to reset and put my energies into food freedom.  I know what works and what does not.  I just have to listen to myself!

Sounds like you are in great shape for a restart!

Hi There @hmg1993!! I’m so with you in your epiphany and your commitment to then not go backwards after Whole30. I’ve got the book “Freedom From...” in the other room and I’m packing it up with me (along with other Whole30 books) to take with me today. My boyfriend is doing the finishing touches on building his own log cabin in the mountains and I’ll help then read.

***Check in time. How is everyone else doing???

I care!

Dianne

Day 14 for me. I'm hanging in there but I've been feeling overwhelmed with the planning, meal prep, cooking and clean up. I've been skipping a lot of meals, particularly breakfasts, because I just don't know what to cook and/or because I'd rather sleep than do all that work. I'm hoping I can establish some better habits over this weekend (without the stress of work) and carry that into next week. My most sought-after NSV is that tiger blood so I know I need to be eating more if I ever have a hope of achieving that! Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. I was proud of myself for not giving into temptation on my birthday and staying compliant! 

I am starting my first round on Monday!! I am very overwhelmed but excited to reduce some inflammation and have a better relationship with food. I have read the Whole30 book and ordered the It Starts With Food and Day by Day to document my time on the Whole30. I am nervous and excited because I am unsure if it will be successful for me or not. 

Archived