Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Hope4Overcomers

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @Hope4Overcomers,

I am on day 13 and feeling terrific. Great mental clarity and I feel better than I have in years. I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling very optimistic about my future.

It's my weekend and I went to see a movie and avoided getting the popcorn and slurpee I always used to get. Staying strong because I don't want to lose all this awesome progress.

Thanks for asking!

5 hours ago, gi-tomm said:

I am starting my first round on Monday!! I am very overwhelmed but excited to reduce some inflammation and have a better relationship with food. I have read the Whole30 book and ordered the It Starts With Food and Day by Day to document my time on the Whole30. I am nervous and excited because I am unsure if it will be successful for me or not. 

Dear @gi-tomm, count on it being successful for sure! I’m excited for you, and me, because I’m starting then too! I think you’ll find your additional books very helpful as well. Congrats on a decision well made! Let’s rock this thing together! Partners in victory!

So beyond excited you’ve joined us! Here’s to our undoubtable success!

Be greatly encouraged!

Dianne

5 hours ago, wp3 said:

Hey @Hope4Overcomers,

I am on day 13 and feeling terrific. Great mental clarity and I feel better than I have in years. I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling very optimistic about my future.

It's my weekend and I went to see a movie and avoided getting the popcorn and slurpee I always used to get. Staying strong because I don't want to lose all this awesome progress.

Thanks for asking!

@wp3! Alright!! You definitely are rocking it! Great job! Getting a little of that Tiger Blood going early! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I’m so happy for you and proud of you! We all thank you for the added encouragement!

Congrats and so happy to hear!!

Dianne

4 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

@wp3! Alright!! You definitely are rocking it! Great job! Getting a little of that Tiger Blood going early! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I’m so happy for you and proud of you! We all thank you for the added encouragement!

Congrats and so happy to hear!!

Dianne

Not quite as early as you are thinking. I actually started on Aug 1 so it is technically day 18 right now for me but if you recall I had to restart my challenge when I took the melatonin and didn't realize it had sweetener in it. It was only a microscopic amount but I think you're supposed to restart no matter what for any mistakes like that.

And thank you for all your encouragement.:D

@wp3 Gotcha! I recall. I’m still so proud of you!!!!

How are others doing???

****CHECK IN TIME****

Lets rally together the good, bad, and ugly, and stick this thing out! Recall I have to restart on Monday, August 20th, and I’m really looking forward to it.

HOW ARE YOU DOING?? No failure here, only learning experiences and fresh starts!

Be very, very, encouraged!!

Dianne

14 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

@Elizabeth33 and @Liz D and @Lisaarace, for starters, how are you 3 doing????

We need ya!

Dianne

Thank you for asking. It has been crazy. I booked a job that has taken up all my time. And I was house sitting and they had taken alot of their cooking suppies and I didn’t want to rebuy them when I have them at my home so I still have not restarted but am wanting to start again either tomorrow or Mon. I haven’t decided. I have all this food and no time to cook it. I am coming back home tonight so I am hoping to cook tomorrow sometime. 

@Meg1130 Congrats on making it so far and on your feelings of being through the hardest part! That must be refreshing! 

As for Chipotle, it looks like you got the answer you needed, but I went to Chipotle twice last week and here's what I ordered: salad with carnitas, pico de gallo, tomatillo salsa, and guacamole. It made quite a nice little meal and it was super nice to have a quick, easy place I can stop by for a Whole30 meal when needed. 

For reference, here are the ingredient lists for everything at Chipotle: https://www.chipotle.com/ingredient-statement. Most meats are rendered non-compliant because of the rice bran oil... 

Hey Whole30ers!

So psyched about my restart on Monday the 20th of August. My boyfriend (Milt) is joining me at his initiative. I just ordered him his own copy of the main Whole30 Book to keep at his house. 

Just took grass fed organic ground beef out of the freezer to mix up into a spaghetti sauce and two containers of spiralized sweet potato zoodles to accompany it instead of pasta. It’s sounding really good!

Thanks @Meg1130 and @kirbz for putting the Chipotle’s bug in me. My boyfriend is coming for lunch and I think we’ll give it a Day Zero try!

Ya’ll are the best!

Dianne

1 hour ago, Ladybugbutt said:

Id like to join the folks who are restarting. I actually started today. I had leftover steak and broccoli and some carrot sticks for breakfast. Now off to the grocery store to stock up for the week.!

Yayyyy @Ladybugbutt

We are so thrilled to have you! I’m on Day zero and am rereading books like crazy and am picking up some needed supplies. I’m especially excited about this round for some reason. Just really excited. Thank you big time for joining us!!

Be Encouraged in a Major Way!

Dianne

1 hour ago, Ladybugbutt said:

Id like to join the folks who are restarting. I actually started today. I had leftover steak and broccoli and some carrot sticks for breakfast. Now off to the grocery store to stock up for the week.!

Hey Whole30ers!

So psyched about my restart on Monday the 20th of August. My boyfriend (Milt) is joining me at his initiative. I just ordered him his own copy of the main Whole30 Book to keep at his house. 

Just took grass fed organic ground beef out of the freezer to mix up into a spaghetti sauce and two containers of spiralized sweet potato zoodles to accompany it instead of pasta. It’s sounding really good!

Thanks @Meg1130 and @kirbz for putting the Chipotle’s bug in me. My boyfriend is coming for lunch and I think we’ll give it a Day Zero try!

Ya’ll are the best!

Dianne

@kirbz thanks so much for the help. So great on not eating that cake. I am also really looking forward to trying the second recipe for the Swedish meatballs and the other one I have to eliminate too many things

@wp3 hope you are doing better. Sometimes I add some probiotics and that has helped me with digestive issues

@Cmclean How are you? I completely understand where you are. 

@hmg1993 I love you’re mini epiphany. It is so true for me

So I will be starting day one tomorrow as well. So today is my day zero. I’m not sure if I’m working this evening so it’ll be unclear how much I can do for prep for tomorrow. But I do have a lot of protein prepared and frozen. It’s just primarily the vegetables and salads that I need to get ready. 

I have gotten a lot of pain in my left wrist and numbness in my right hand and I know that’s related to what I’m eating. So will be nice to clean up my eating and not have that issue. 

This week I have several challenges. I am working in a hotel and will be up until 12 -1 o’clock in the morning and then getting up at 5:30. So I will be very under rested as well as going through detox. Fun times. I’m trying to figure out what foods I can take with me to the hotel that are not going to be necessarily smelly or too loud when I’m eating. A lot of the times the kids are asleep when I have to break out my snack and sometimes it wakes them up. It kills me when the mother says to feed them captain crunch or Lucky charms with a bag of chips if they get hungry before bed. It just makes me cringe.

My other challenge is the weekend job. I work at a private club where they have the most amazing pastry chefs you’ve ever seen. Their Sunday buffet is enough to make a diabetic go into shock just by looking at the table. I also have an event on September 1 where I’ll be serving the kids pizza, dessert, and a beverage. And their chocolate chip cookies are very hard to resist. So I will have to double up my efforts to help get through these challenges. But at least I know they’re there so I can prepare for them. I need to do a better if/then scenario because last ones I did didn’t help. Or I just ignored them. 

I’m going to be posting daily of how I’m doing and what my food is and that will also help me stay compliant. 

I’m so proud of all of you who’ve made it this far through and not having to restart. For those of us that lee starting tomorrow let’s rally together and kick ass & slay this Dragon!!

Hey @Elizabeth33! I'm unfortunately still feeling so so done to the bone exhausted. Getting frustrated and down hearted as well, because I'm working harder than ever to follow the meal template exactly and doing everything I read that is supposed to fix it. I'm on day 17 and so sad this isn't working for me!! I thought about cheating today, but I think my relationship with food is now messed up! I think I'm going to feel so so guilty, and bad about myself if I ever eat something non complaint now! I have realized I'm not going to get tiger blood, but I wish I had as much energy as I did before. I have 3 toddlers! I'm a useless mom now, and I was hoping to have energy FOR them. I didn't even ever eat dessert or bread or soda or sugar in my coffee before either!

Everyone else is doing SO good! You guys rock and we will.make it through :)) Good luck on your restart.

7 hours ago, Cmclean said:

Hey @Elizabeth33! I'm unfortunately still feeling so so done to the bone exhausted. Getting frustrated and down hearted as well, because I'm working harder than ever to follow the meal template exactly and doing everything I read that is supposed to fix it. I'm on day 17 and so sad this isn't working for me!! I thought about cheating today, but I think my relationship with food is now messed up! I think I'm going to feel so so guilty, and bad about myself if I ever eat something non complaint now! I have realized I'm not going to get tiger blood, but I wish I had as much energy as I did before. I have 3 toddlers! I'm a useless mom now, and I was hoping to have energy FOR them. I didn't even ever eat dessert or bread or soda or sugar in my coffee before either!

Everyone else is doing SO good! You guys rock and we will.make it through :)) Good luck on your restart.

So sorry things are so rough for you right now @Cmclean. I'm wondering if you just need more calories during the transition. The first time I did this diet I was ravenous and ate massive amounts of food. I thought this diet was going to cost me a fortune. Then about 3 weeks in I suddenly had no appetite and had to force myself to eat. This time I've just been using lots of fat each meal and it seems to be doing the same thing (except cheaper lol). My appetite is going down now on day 19 (which I think tells me that my body is starting to burn body fat). So I will cut back quite a bit on the fat I am eating so I can make sure I have enough of an appetite for 3 meals a day.

The way I understand it there are 3 sources of energy :carbs, fats and protein. But I think protein is really hard for the body to convert to energy. You won't get much in terms of energy from the veggies you are eating either. I assume you are maxing on the two servings of fruit/potato for your carb source of energy? I am no expert, so a moderator can jump in if I'm giving bad advice, but you might want to increase the amount of fat you are consuming daily. And if that doesn't work eat more fruit than recommended. It would be better to do that than give up completely. You can always transition to less fruit and fat later once your body is more efficiently burning body fat. Just a thought. 

So I took another look at the food template and decided to calculate the allowed fat per meal (yes, I realize I seem to be obsessed with this subject). It is way more fat than I realized. I had to guess at how much a "heaping handful" was so this is a rough guestimate, but it looks like people can eat up to 170 grams of fat per meal, which is almost 1700 calories. An entire bottle of Tessamae's ranch is 190 grams of fat, just as comparison. What makes it really confusing is how they have it separated into oils, coconut milk, shredded coconut, olives, etc. Who is going to eat like that? Why not just say you can have up to 170 grams of healthy fats and to try to get those fats from a variety of sources?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wp3 said:

So I took another look at the food template and decided to calculate the allowed fat per meal (yes, I realize I seem to be obsessed with this subject). It is way more fat than I realized. I had to guess at how much a "heaping handful" was so this is a rough guestimate, but it looks like people can eat up to 170 grams of fat per meal, which is almost 1700 calories. An entire bottle of Tessamae's ranch is 190 grams of fat, just as comparison. What makes it really confusing is how they have it separated into oils, coconut milk, shredded coconut, olives, etc. Who is going to eat like that? Why not just say you can have up to 170 grams of healthy fats and to try to get those fats from a variety of sources?

We really, really don't want people to obsess over macros or calorie counting. That's why it is listed the way it is. And you are free to mix and match fats. If you make a taco salad, for instance, and you add guacamole and olives and a few nuts for crunch, that is fine. If some meals have a little more fat and some a little less, that's fine. You want your meals to leave you feeling satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time, if you're getting in your vegetables and your protein and some fat at each meals, going 4-5 hours between meals without feeling like you're starving before you get your next meal, you've probably got everything about right.

Archived