Weighing in during re-intro

I know we throw the scale away during whole 30, but what about during the reintro?  I've been weighing myself daily (I started reintro July 1), though I know weight can fluctuate, I want to see if anything causes a multi-day gain.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think you just want to be aware of your relationship with the scale and what a multiday gain would mean. Over that short time span, it probably would indicate water retention more than anything. That may or may not be meaningful to you. If you are concerned about losing body fat, weighing yourself everyday is too variable a measurement to really get at that. I'd also be surprised if you gained a meaningful amount of fat after one day of reintroducing a particular food. But if you want to monitor that water retention for whatever reason, you could do that. Only you can decide if you just want some impartial data (being aware of the limits of what a scale can tell you) or if you're tied to the scale in a more emotional way. Personally, I see no reason to weigh myself more than once a month. Just make sure you feel like you are in a good place emotionally and mentally with the scale :)

Archived