Hey there! 

My name is Maura Beaver and I am starting on Monday, July 9th! This will be my first round of Whole30, and this type of program is so new to me. Recently, I have gained a decent bit of weight and I have been having some major allergy issues. I wake up with puffy eyes and lips and I'm breaking out in hives and eczema. We have tried patch testing at the allergist and concluded I'm at least allergic to nickel and gold. I feel like that's not the only issue because I haven't seen much of a change for the better. Now I'm considering the idea it might be food related. 

Also, let it be known I'm getting married at the end of October and would really like to get this taken care of! If you have any thoughts relating to the allergy topic or just some words of advice about the program, I would love to hear them. I LOVE to cook, so I don't think that will be hard to get used to. I do love cheese and bread - that will be hard to get used to...

Thanks in advance, and I hope the program is going well for all of you! 

Maura

MAURA! 

Congrats on your wedding! Boo on allergies, hope this helps!! 

I am starting Monday 9 July too and also love cheese & bread! I eat it more than anything else! I am not so good with the cooking, love to watch others cook, so I am hoping to develop a personal love for cooking! 

Let's try to keep each other on track!!

Bre :) 

Hi Maura, I started on the 1st but I've been having the same allergy issues too! The last year has been just puffy allergy eyes and eczema that is worse than anything I've experienced. I live in Kathmandu so I have just assumed that it's the water/dust/air pollution/unfamiliar plants but maybe it's diet related as well. Anyway, to echo Bre, congrats on your upcoming wedding and I hope Whole30 clears this up for you. 

I will say: I'm currently on Day 5 and my eczema has decreased from last week for sure, but it's possible that's a coincidence. But maybe not....

Anyway, I'm with you and Bre! Lets do this :):):)

Thank you all for getting back to me! 

Yes, @breezyleaf and @Marajade12 - we will definitely have to keep each other on track throughout! Today is Day 1 and I've hit the ground running. Hope it's going well for both of you so far. Lots of meal prep! 

And @evethegreat - that's amazing!! So glad to hear your allergies are already starting to clear up. Coincidence or not, let's just get rid of them, right?? Ha! 

Thank you all for the support! Feel free to reach out if you need anything - inspiration, updates, etc. Let's kick some booty! 

@maurabeaver I'm on day 10 and my eczema has totally disappeared in a way it hasn't in months. My eyes are still a bit puffy when I wake up, but much less so...still could be coincidence but it's exciting to be sure! 

On the minus side, I'm fully into the hibernation stage of the timeline. Slept about 9 hours for the last two nights and I feel like I could nap all day. 

Hi! @maurabeaver, @breezyleaf

I started yesterday, July 9, so thought I might jump on your thread as an ongoing convo with others that have the same Days. 

I started because I have been counting calories and macros for 3 months and having a hard time with cheats and weight loss. April and May I lost 5 lb a month. June was flat and July has been creeping up. I need these 30 days to get back on track to where I wanted to be by now and create a new daily food relationship.  Most of my calories had been coming from yogurt and cottage cheese and legume. Definitely sugars and dairy were part of my diet. The rest was pretty close to whole 30

Luckily, hubby is on board with me because we share cooking responsibilities and he loves beer, ice cream and peanuts. He also likes to bring me “treats” so it is so key that he is doing this with me.

day 1 went great. We get hello fresh and had a box come yesterday because I forgot to cancel. We just adjusted the recipe and it was still yummy. Today, we realized our almond milk has sugar. Time to correct that.