Vegetarian protein sources

MEJ

I'm ready to give Whole30 a try beginning tomorrow.  After reading the book and many posts, I'm still looking for best ways to incorporate Whole30 principles into a vegetarian diet.  It's unclear to me which protein sources beyond eggs will be acceptable.

Thanks for your input!

• Moderators

Here's a post from the Vegetarian sub forum that might help. We don't give off plan recommendations so we would not give a list of protein substitutions but there's loads of discussion in this sub forum to help you along 

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I'm new to Whole 30 program. I'm a vegetarian and am looking to apply this regime past the 30 days; perhaps with some small tweaks. I also log in all meals and exercise in the My Fitness Pal app. I've been doing this for over 4 years. It helps me track my nutrients each day as well as calories and exercise. Since starting the Vegetarian version of Whole 30, and eating eggs (2-3 a day) I am not meeting my protein goals. I'm not going to increase my intake of eggs. I have a question for the vegans here. Is there a protein powder mix that is Whole 30 approved? 

Archived