First While30 - Is AIP version recommended with known Hashimoto's?

Hey all,  I'm gearing up to start my first Whole30. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was a teenager and it was confirmed Hashimoto's when I was in my early 20s. I'm now 32 and it's only in the past year I learned about the very common food intolerances associated with the condition. I'd like to use the Whole30 to help ID my issues, but I'm wondering if I need to use the more restrictive AIP version since I know about the Hashimoto's or if I can do the regular one. Since it's my first run through, I was hoping to keep in the eggs, tomatoes and nuts - especially with all the gorgeous local tomatoes coming into season! Thoughts?

• Moderators

If the regular whole30 is a pretty big change from how you've been eating, you may get some results from the regular whole30. 

If you choose to not cut out things like tomatoes, that's fine, but maybe read through this article and be sure you're incorporating all the recommended things to have (down toward the bottom of the article):   https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/ and even if you don't cut out all the extra stuff it recommends leaving out, try to limit those items as much as possible, and as you're looking for new recipes to try, really try to start finding some good AIP recipes that you like, so that if you do end up doing the full on AIP, you'll already have some options lined up. 

Archived