How to Whole30 in my home office with no buddy?

Calamity Jill

Day 1 for me: This is my second go round. My first was 3.5 years ago before I got pregnant and nursed (which is the best diet EVER). In the year since I've stopped nursing, I've gained 15 pounds and lost a lot of confidence. 

My first time I had a job in an office, and did the program with 6 other coworkers (3 of which were super committed like I was, and never "cheated"). Now I work from a home office and anticipate that will be harder without a live support system/program buddy. My sister is a college student who is living with me/watching my kiddo in his summer childcare lapse. She wants to do Whole30, but not 100%. I've already pissed her off by bugging her not to eat butter with breakfast today, and it's...day one. 

So, any and all tips are appreciated!

• Moderators

My first suggestion would be to try not to worry about what your sister is doing. She is old enough to make her own choices, and you don't need the stress of trying to keep her on the plan.

Find a group here on the forum that started recently and introduce yourself -- checking in every day can be a great motivation to stay on track. There is the Whole30 Day by Day book that has you journal and reflect on your day, if that's something that interests you, or you could just keep your own journal where you jot down how each day went. Some people like calendars where they can check off each day they're compliant, the visual unbroken line of checkmarks helps them see their accomplishment. Some people set rewards for themselves, like a mani-pedi or a massage at the end of their 30 days.

Archived