Your Favorite Protein Choices

ElizabethJo

What are easy "grab & go" protein choices from home. Not packaged foods. I get really hungry between 2-3pm. And daily take a mini-cooler into my day. After reading here I see that the need for more protein may be a good idea. On day 18 of Whole30 and the past 3 days the hardest due to hunger. 

• Moderators

Meatballs, hard boiled eggs, salmon patties/cakes, grilled chicken, leftovers, frittata or egg muffins. Any of those can also be made ahead, so you could cook them up on the weekend and have them in the fridge or freezer to just grab when you need them.

Are you able to go 4-5 hours between meals? If not, it may be that you need to change your meals up some, not just add another meal during the day. You can download the meal template here, if you need a refresher on what your meals ought to look like:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/  Remember that it is a range, so 1-2 palm-sized portions of protein at each meal (or when eggs are your only protein, as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand), 1-2 portions of fat from those listed (generally in addition to what you cook in, since that often stays in the pan and isn't actually consumed). 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ElizabethJo said:

I typically can go no more than 2-3 hours between eating. Which prior to Whole30 I could go without breakfast. Now ravished by breakfast time. These are great ideas. Thanks.

Are you adding plated fat to all your meals? Fat is what helps keep you full longer as it slows the absorption of protein.  Ideally, you'll figure out what your meal composition is to best get you 4-5 hours between meals.  

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, ElizabethJo said:

What is " played fat"?

She said "plated fat" and it's fat that is served rather than cooked in. So, avocado, dressings, ghee, olives etc. 

Archived