weight loss

So I know the whole 30 isn't about weight loss but, rather, healthy living. However..... from all that I have read it appears to be an added bonus! I have been on the whole 30 for 3 months now (except for the occasional vodka soda) I feel great and find with all the recipes it's quite easy to follow.  So what's the problem? Well I have only lost 4 lbs!!!! I'm 53 5'5 and weigh in at 111lbs, my ideal weight is 105.  Any advice, suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? This may seem trivial to some and I apologize however, it boggles my mind how I can be eating cleaner than I have ever eaten, follow an exercise program and be stuck at - what is for me-  an uncomfortable weight. 

• Administrators

Hi @Korina - unfortunately we can't/don't give out hacks on how to lose weight on Whole30. Sometimes it's not all about food. We often tell people that when they are looking at 8-10# of "vanity" weight, they need to consider that if they are eating enough food to support their activity, that the food is whole and healthy and sustainable for their lives and they are getting a reasonable amount of movement, then they may need to look at why they want to weigh a certain amount.

Our body can naturally settle where it is comfortable, whether that is particularly comfortable for the body-owner or not. ;) 

If you don't already, consider doing some resistance training with medium to heavy weights (ie, not barbie weights). Building muscle will both change your body composition and increase your metabolism.

Archived