RX bars question

Leah Rhine

• Moderators

We would strongly encourage you to just not have RXbars or Larabars for 30 days. They are as close as you can get to a candy bar on whole30, even the non-chocolate ones. If you have a sweet tooth, it's really easy to start using these bars to feed those cravings for sweets.

Other non-perishable foods you could keep around for emergencies include compliant jerky, cans or pouches of tuna or salmon or other fish or chicken, olives (I've seen some in individual serving size pouches, but jars or cans would work too).

If you know you're going to be out and need to take food with you, pack leftovers or hard boiled eggs and sliced vegetables like carrots, celery, or bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, or snap or snow peas.

how about using lara bars for long work outs.   I run 20-30 miles on the weekend and was planning on using these are a replacement for powergel,  its hard to get enough calories in and I need something I can carry.  No Gatorade is killing me....  :)

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, tridrummer said:

how about using lara bars for long work outs.   I run 20-30 miles on the weekend and was planning on using these are a replacement for powergel,  its hard to get enough calories in and I need something I can carry.  No Gatorade is killing me....  :)

You might check the Whole30 for Athletes part of the forum, I know this question has come up before, so there are probably suggestions there. Larabars are compliant, and if they work for you, it's fine, but there might be better options out there. 

https://forum.whole30.com/forum/11-whole30-for-athletes/

Archived