Managing reactions and reintro

leigh

Hello

So ive just finished my 4th Whole 30 (over a 5 year time span) and I wanted to follow a proper introduction this time but I got sloppy and have overlapped aome items since the last few times they gave me no issues.  I introduced dairy a few days ago with expected results (it gives me cold like symptoms) and had non gluten grains a few days ago and seemed ok.  So yesterday I had sugar, and then some corn chips and dip (dairy and non gluten grains). I had a crazy long day yesterday and walked a tonne.  Today I'm tired and I feel achy but I dont know if its just because iy was such a long active day, or if its a food reaction.  I know I can try to go back whole 30 for a bit and try again, but how long do I need to wait? Are tiredness and aches common for sugar reactions? (Since I dont think it was the grains- unless the grain reaction showed up two days later??).  Thoughts? 

In general, I'd say to go back to 100% compliance until you feel as good as you did at the end of day 30. It won't take as long to reset because you spent a month letting your gut heal. I'd expect a week back on whole30 to be enough, but you'll have to see how it goes for you personally.

If you noticed literally no reaction from the grains, it doesn't really make sense that a reaction would develop after all of it should have been out of your system already. But like you said, you can always try it again.

The reality that I'm discovering is that a lot of things can make reintro confusing, such as a lot more physical activity than usual as it seems in your case. For me today, I watched more TV than usual so I can't tell if I have a headache from that or the butter I reintroduced. To understand your particular reactions to foods, you can always reintro the things that you can't quite tell how they factored into this reaction. More data points never hurt!

Archived