Starting July 9 and so excited!! Here we go!

Tara Vil

Dairy is today for me and I'm already having issues (okay I started a few hours early and had some last night).  Asthma giving me issues and stomach rumbling.  Legumes and Non-Gluten went fine.  But it's clear I need to avoid dairy for the most part - except when I want to feel bad (e.g. is it worth it?).  Gluten Friday.  I have a feeling it's going to be another no go zone.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started early with dairy too. I realized last night that dairy day could mean milk chocolate and got overly excited :wacko:.  I haven't had serious issues though, which is great because one of the things I miss most is a plain latte from Starbucks, and I don't really want to ever reintroduce carrageenan, which is in their non-dairy alternatives. I can definitely feel my stomach being somewhat surprised by the dairy, but nothing that is screaming "avoid this forever!" Just a little bloated (so I'll probably avoid it in large quantities going forward). So far I've had a grande nonfat milk latte from Starbucks, two types of cheese, and carrots with a cucumber garlic tzatziki. Tonight I'm having hot wings with sauce made with standard butter instead of ghee. I picked up a ranch dressing from Whole Foods with only 9 ingredients, all of which I can pronounce and none of which are soybean oil (the number one ingredient in most of the ranch dressings I found). I'm excited to see what the ranch tastes like - the first ingredient is buttermilk.

Reintroductions are done and I didn't have any stomach issues for any of the individual food groups! I traveled to visit family this weekend and had to eat out nearly every meal (to include one meal at a baseball stadium). I didn't limit my options, so now my stomach is not happy with me.... I'm looking forward to returning to a mainly Whole30 diet this week and working toward finding a nice balance going forward. Congrats to everyone who finished! 

Mine definitely revealed Gluten and Dairy as triggers so those will both be limited for me going forward.  My wife only had issues with dairy.

The symptoms I had when reintroduced were gone within 24-36 hours of being back off them. I'll probably do a few more official whole30s in the future to keep testing but for now we're going to maintain a primarily whole30 life with the addition of legumes and non-gluten grains.

Archived