Gluten Reaction - Timing?

got_hugs

After completing Whole30 on June 26, I was so excited for reintroductions! I have not had any major issues, just a little digestive "noise." Yesterday was gluten reintroduction, so I had a piece of toast with almond butter with my breakfast of eggs and zucchini. Last night I had pizza (no cheese or other non-compliant foods). I had very little GI reaction, but my hands and feet were achy this morning. Suddenly, late this afternoon I started having a bit of GI distress. Bloating, gassy and a little pain. Is this a delayed reaction to the gluten? I have been compliant all day and cannot figure out why this would be happening. Any advice appreciated!

I saw that this was posted twice, so I'm not totally sure where to reply. Let's go with here! I think one day later isn't totally unreasonable for a reaction. Gluten definitely exacerbates aches and pains for my mom. But if you're not sure, you can always try reintroducing gluten again once you feel better to confirm it wasn't something else. However, I've noticed random bloating and gassiness while being completely compliant, too, and I still am not sure why that has been happening. So it might not be the gluten!

Archived