Meal plan with no oven

Martina_F

Does anyone have a weekly meal plan that doesn't use an oven? I'm on week 2 and my oven just broke tonight and I'm not sure how to work around recipes that don't use an oven until I get a new oven. It could take over a week to get one and I don't want to mess up my diet due to it breaking. Thank you so much for your help!

• Moderators

I don't have a whole meal plan, but here are some ideas:

Stovetop -- you can brown ground meats, or cook burger patties, chicken, or fish fillets in a large skillet. Steam or saute vegetables. Do stir fries of chicken or beef cut into smallish pieces, get the meat mostly cooked, then throw in vegetables. Scrambled eggs with spinach. Grate potatoes or sweet potatoes to make hash browns.

Do you have a crockpot or Instant Pot or other pressure cooker? A grill, either outside or like a Foreman grill you can use inside? An electric griddle? Those would all give you other options. 

Hopefully this gives you some ideas so you can find some recipes to use. I think it should be pretty easy to do a week with no oven.

• Moderators

They'll be good fried too. If you can find compliant bacon, cook 2-3 strips of that, then throw your veggies in the bacon grease to cook. Top with some runny fried eggs, voila, you've got a whole meal there. Fingers crossed the stove doesn't break. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Southerncinn said:

Do you have a George Forman? That has helped me along with the stovetop when it was too hot to use the oven. 

I cook a LOT of my Whole30 meats/fish on the Forman grill. It's also great for grilled vegetables.

And OP can steam veggies in the microwave, another oft-used appliance during Whole30.

Archived