Fruit can wake up sugar dragon

I never thought too much fruit, I.e. watermelon could wake my sugar dragon but it did. Anyone else experience this?  I had 3 cups of watermelon after my lunch the other day and I took a 2 hour nap. Just couldn’t wake up and felt sluggish and no energy. 

I love this program as it teaches me what  happens when I eat stuff. 

I did a three day reset watching my fruit and changing it to strawberries and other berries and only a cup a day, not per meal. Woke today feeling great again. 

I also accidentally binged on watermelon during my whole30! I don't know if it woke up my sugar dragon, but maybe it woke up my watermelon dragon ;) I ate so much that I had an allergic reaction! Definitely took several days for that to go away.

I'm finally on D30 of R1. About 4 days ago I became aware that certain fruits were giving me GI problems...peaches in particular, which is a favorite.

Berries are no problem, however neither are they as satisfying. Now that my 1st round will end...I'm not sure where to turn. Any advice?

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Crazygrazing said:

I'm finally on D30 of R1. About 4 days ago I became aware that certain fruits were giving me GI problems...peaches in particular, which is a favorite.

Berries are no problem, however neither are they as satisfying. Now that my 1st round will end...I'm not sure where to turn. Any advice?

Advice for what? If peaches are giving you digestive problems, don't eat them? If you are saying berries aren't "satisfying" because they aren't sweet enough to quell sugar cravings then that's something to work through because maybe you were using fruits to answer those cravings and in that case we would tell you to stop doing that. Maybe I've misunderstood what sort of advice you're looking for?

Archived