Frequent flyer / road warrior planning

MegOSchmidt

I started yesterday July 9. Would like to start a thread on how to best pack and prep for travel, work travel in particular. Long car rides, flights, hotels, dinner with colleagues  also, great restaurant choices for cities we are visiting!

i travel a lot for Work and pleasure. Coming up in next 30 days: road trip to Columbus OH (10 hour road trip - 4 days of conference center session - 10 hours back), 2 hour flight to Chicago with several days at hotel.  During reintroduction comes : Family vacation to acadia Maine  (7 hour drive, rental house for a week, 7 hours back), international travel (Koblenz Germany)

Let’s get started! Who has tips for long car rides or recommendation in Columbus?

• Moderators

You may consider googling 'whole30 long car ride'. I did so and got tons of previous results as this is actually a common issue... maybe not specifically for Columbus or Acadia, Maine, but lots of people travel for work or pleasure - you may get responses on this thread but there's a gold mine of info available for searching :)

I'm in the middle of my third business trip on this program. Mine don't include car travel so I'm all about what comes on the plane with me. I packed some fresh veggies, meat (deli-type roast beef and some sausage) and an individual container of olives for lunch. For dinner I'm scoping out the web sites of the restaurants in the area (near O'Hare Airport) to see where I can get a standard grilled chicken salad, or maybe go off menu to ask for a regular entree cooked in oil rather than butter. I've also packed meat snacks, more olives, almond butter packets, and almonds to get me through if I can't get a compliant meal when I need it. I know what conference food can be like, so you'll want to have your stash to supplement whatever you can find in the buffet line.

The road trip should be easier, I would think, since you can pack a cooler. I can't eat hard boiled eggs myself, but those who can like that option.

Archived