WHOLE30 Newlyweds

meg.rich3132

Hello! My name is Meg Rich. My husband and I were married December 2017 and are ready to walk hand-in-hand as we embark on our own Whole30 journey. We are currently in the research stage of our Whole30 journey. We are interested in starting the program August 1st so we can start the month off with a clean state! We are so excited to take control of our health and learn all about our bodies along the way! Any advice/tips/tesitmonials/stories would be so appreciated!

All the best!

Lucky to have the company of your spouse.

Try to keep things simple the first 7-10 days.  Take the meals you already know and like, substitute or leave out the non-compliant ingredients, and make double batches.  Leftovers are your best friend.  Any meat can be made into a completely different meal with a different sauce, set of veggies or served over a salad.  New recipes are fun and exciting but can be overwhelming while trying to get the rules down.

Go through the spice cabinet.  Just because it doesn't say sugar in the title (cough, cough, McCormick's Lemon Pepper) doesn't mean it isn't in there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 2:37 PM, meg.rich3132 said:

Hello! My name is Meg Rich. My husband and I were married December 2017 and are ready to walk hand-in-hand as we embark on our own Whole30 journey. We are currently in the research stage of our Whole30 journey. We are interested in starting the program August 1st so we can start the month off with a clean state! We are so excited to take control of our health and learn all about our bodies along the way! Any advice/tips/tesitmonials/stories would be so appreciated!

All the best!

For my breakfast and lunch through out the week I usually make a big batch of something I can use for several days.  An egg & veggie casserole, soups or stews.  Dinner is a whole lot easier when the veggies have been washed and chopped/sliced/diced beforehand.  I rarely find any pre-bagged veggies that have a great freshness quality.  Hopefully your market is better, they can be such a time saver.

Definitely best to have a partner in crime for this.  My wife and I are now 19 days in (can't believe it) and it's definitely helpful from an accountability standpoint and a division of labor.  I'd say keep it simple.  I've gone a bit too extravagant with lots of new recipes etc.  It's been fun but it's getting tiring now because I haven't chosen the simplest of recipes.  That being said I'm enjoying my whole30 a lot....just need to dial up the simplicity for my sanity.  I feel like I'm constantly cooking even with weekend meal prepping!

Archived