Sign in to follow this  
Get healthy

Looking to start soon

I am new to While 30, I have been doing all the reading and getting prepared. Thoughts on when I should start I am going on a two week vacation in August, should I start now or should I wait until I get back which would be the end of August? Thanks  in advance!

To do whole30 properly, you really need the 30 days, plus a minimum of 10 days for reintroductions. If you're not going to have that long, it might be good to wait. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean eat all the ice cream and chips and cookies between now and then. The closer you can be to whole30 eating before you start, the less icky you'll end up feeling during your first week or so. So you can use this time to try out new recipes, buy different oils or spices or olives or other pantry staples over time, rather than all at once, and maybe get some guidelines for yourself, like giving up dairy or wheat, cutting back on alcohol if that's something that will be challenging for you, or other small steps to get yourself moving in the right direction.