Red Palm Oil...?

Krista

Someone brought up palm oil here already, but it didn't seem to get a definitive answer. I have a paleo cook book which calls for red palm oil in several recipes, however they use quite a few things that aren't actually paleo in this book. The Whole30 guide doesn't mention palm oil at all, neither does Cordain's book. Just curious how you guys feel about it.

• Moderators

Red palm oil is similar to coconut oil, so is a fine choice of cooking fat. However, it has a pretty strong flavor and most people don't like it as much as coconut oil.

By the way, I grabbed this tidbit of information from It Starts With Food. My review copy arrived Friday!

• 3 years later...

Tom, I've only been at this for one day (haven't started my whole 30…just educating myself right now and will start in 2 weeks) and I've already noticed what a wealth of information you are! Just wanted to say "thank you"! I've had trouble finding the answers to some of my questions by using the search bar within the forums, but discovered that I can google "whole 30 + _____" and it will direct me to exactly where it is in a forum topic  :D Anyway, thanks for everything you're doing!

Archived