so So SO Thirsty.

My husband and I are both on day 10 of the Whole30. We have both been really thirsty for a couple days now and both have bad cases of dry mouth/lips. As I've worked out this week, I also found myself pretty dizzy afterwards. I don't remember feeling like this the last time I did the Whole30 and am cooking very similar meals. Any tips?? 

• Moderators

No one here is a doctor, so if you're concerned, and especially if you continue to experience dizziness, talk to your doctor.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, aiming for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120 lb person needs at least 60 oz. Also be sure you're salting your food. And it's always worth reviewing the meal template yo be sure you're really following it, and checking in with yourself to make sure the meals that you've eaten in the past are still working for you -- it is possible that you may need more food now than before, or more of a particular type of food. The human body changes over time, so your needs may also change.

• Administrators
On 7/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, Abbyc93 said:

My husband and I are both on day 10 of the Whole30. We have both been really thirsty for a couple days now and both have bad cases of dry mouth/lips. As I've worked out this week, I also found myself pretty dizzy afterwards. I don't remember feeling like this the last time I did the Whole30 and am cooking very similar meals. Any tips?? 

Dry mouth & dizziness can also be a sign of having gone too low in carbohydrates. What are you eating for starchy veggies each day? Our recommendation is to start with a fist sized serving once/day. More if you are very active. 

Archived