Over it. Day 20.

RJoyB

My husband and I are on day 20 of our first Whole30.  I'm soooo ready to quit today.  I have not experienced one benefit from this program so I have zero motivation to continue. Anyone been here on day 20???? Super frustrated and discouraged.  

• Moderators

You do only have 10 more days, might as well hang in there so you can say you did it.

In the meantime, is there anything in particular you're having trouble with? Are you enjoying the food, or do you need help finding good recipes? Are your meals keeping you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time? Were you hoping for any particular results? Give us a little more detail about what's going on, maybe someone can offer suggestions that could make your final 10 days better.

Thank you for your reply.  I'm getting really sick of the food and probably need some other recipes. I've dealt with fatigue for YEARS and was really hoping this would help me.  That was my main reason for trying Whole30 but it hasn't done anything for fatigue.   I feel hungry most of the time. In the morning I eat eggs with fruit.  A little bit later I will snack on nuts, avocado's, more fruit.  I try to eat a protein for lunch (sausage or chicken) and then dinner with another protein and veggies.  Im just really sick of the food and find myself not even wanting to eat because I don't want to keep eating the same things. 

• Moderators

Is what you listed actually all you eat or are there veggies and fat at each meal that you just didn't list?

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.. for most people that starts with 3-4.  Then you add 1-3 cups of veggies and a plated fat - avocado, olives, pesto, ghee etc...

Fruit and nuts on their own as a snack are not encouraged and are actually an indicator that you're not eating enough at your meals if you need to eat snacks between meals.

Have you seen and used the template?  You can find it by clicking the link in my signature below or googling 'whole30 meal template'.

Fatigue is exacerbated by not eating enough so if you are undereating, that's probably going to make you feel worse, not better.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, RJoyB said:

My husband and I are on day 20 of our first Whole30.  I'm soooo ready to quit today.  I have not experienced one benefit from this program so I have zero motivation to continue. Anyone been here on day 20???? Super frustrated and discouraged.  

I TOTALLY hear you! Today is day 18 for me. Yesterday I had a MAJOR freak out. I’ve been kicking the food boredom w social media. Are you on instagram? There are so many resources there for food options. I’ve loved everyone of them. Same thing w Pinterest. Although u have to really watch the ingredients on Pinterest bc some say they r whole 30 and the ingredients tell you otherwise. And LOOK according to the book you are right where you should be!!! (See pics)

EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: We do not permit the posting of copyrighted materials. I have deleted the pictures posted. Please do not do this again. 

Archived