One Week!

MJK3000

Howdy everyone, 

My wife and I started our Whole30 last Sunday (July 8).  The first few days were great.  I was feeling good about the decision.  I was waking up easier in the morning with less soreness and was experiencing less moodiness throughout the day.  It seems like the low energy and moodiness has returned over the last day or so but I’m not giving up or giving in.  I guess I just needed some encouragement.  Thanks y’all! 

• Moderators

Be sure you're eating enough, drinking plenty of water, adding fat in addition to what you cook in at least each meal, and having at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, like potato, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, beets, or winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash. 

Thanks Shannon!  We are on Day 11 and doing pretty well.   Breakfast is getting tedious and we'd like to find something other than eggs for breakfast.  I've gotten a few recipes and am going to try something different tomorrow! 

• Moderators

Just be sure your breakfast matches the meal template for best results -- there are a lot of "Whole30 breakfast" ideas out there that are not really great options. Also remember that there isn't really food that is breakfast food, that's a construct we've come up with at some point, probably started by people with a vested interest in selling us stuff. Any food you eat at one meal, works just as well at any other meal. Here's a past discussion with some ideas:  https://forum.whole30.com/topic/28832-lets-talk-non-traditional-breakfasts/ 

Archived