Keeping strictly Kosher

I'm at R1D27. I must confess it hasn't been easy. I've read labels all my life. Keeping Kosher

teaches you to do that. With that said, I do not eat any pork products, and ethnically some recipes that I come across are just not in my diet agenda.

So I eat mostly chicken, occasionally turkey parts, small beef steaks, salmon, tuna (both fresh and canned) and eggs, eggs, eggs! I frequently prepare a garden salad

and try to include lots of yummy and colorful goodies/veggies. But some days I'm really at a loss.

I even made a bone soup from chicken, and cooked its over night. Had some and froze the rest.

My point is...is there anyone else out there in Whole30 land that deals with this additional elimination issue??

Is there a reason you can't just make a fabulous looking pork chop recipe using chicken instead? Or if there's a recipe that looks awesome but has bacon, you can make it with turkey bacon instead? Most of the time the protein's essentially just a vehicle for the seasonings/sauce. 

• Moderators

I know this has come up on the forum before, if you Google whole30 kosher, or whole30 forum kosher, you should find past discussions. There are also blogs out there that may be helpful, just be sure they're really whole30 compliant and not just using the label because it's popular. 

At day 27, food boredom is pretty normal, regardless of any additional restrictions someone may have on their diet. Maybe check out some recipe sites for ideas. Even if you have to alter recipes a little, maybe seeing new ideas will spark something for you. I like Mel Joulwan's site, most of her recipes are whole30 or easily adapted to be and she uses spice combinations I wouldn't try on my own:  https://meljoulwan.com. Or Google whole30 plus a favorite food of yours and see what people have done to adapt recipes for it.

Archived