Started today, July 16, 2018

Libby7

I started July 16, 2018 as well with my wife Cindy and good friend Amy.  Starting weight 259.5, not getting on scale every day will be disruptive, I have always saw that as a key to my daily discipline but feels liberating.  It has caused me to notice more subtle mind and body signs.  Day went well.  Ate compliant but not with artfully prepared flavorful food.  I did eat at a restaurant, had large mixed green salad with a slash of oil and vinegar and grilled chicken, finished with a few blueberries.  Today will be much the same but plan to get home early to try one of the recipes in The Whole30: The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom.  They look amazing.  I am shooting for mouth watering flavor rich delights at least once a day.  As I get more skilled at planning, every meal should be a delight.  Already got through a bump in the road today when I got to the gym at 6 am and my trainer was a no show, turns out she is sick.  Might have derailed me but I power walked 30 minutes on the treadmill and noticed I was in control not my hangry self defeater.  BTW, best night sleep in a long time just knowing I am In Action for my health and vitality.  THANKS WHOLE30 I'm on my journey one bite at a time.

It went ok...I was starving when I went to bed, but I feel that’s normal for me the first few days. We’ll see what day 2 brings. I’m doing this for 2 reasons: I need a reset on healthy eating and I was diagnosed with Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria 10 weeks ago, and I’m desperate for some relief that doesn’t include pills or shots as an answer. I am excited!

Archived