Newbie - Starting 7/23/2018

Raenstorm

Hello!

I’m Raelene!! I’m starting Whole30 tomorrow. Very excited. I’ve been reading, surfing Pinterest and prepping for it. I am not new to meal prepping so that part isn’t too difficult, however what I do find challenging is mid-week meal prepping. I do most of my prep on the weekend but halfway through the week after I use up most of what I made I lack the energy to do a midweek prep. 

I do worry about my work week because it seems like I eat all day at work. I’m going to pack some veggies, almonds and a lunch of protein and more veggies. 

I’m looking forward to participating in the forum. 

Rae

E8FC2A2C-5250-4D65-A84D-449CAA031D0E.jpeg

• Moderators

Hi, Rae. Have you thought about freezing a few things early in the week to use later, rather than having to do a midweek prep session? Cooked ground meat, burger patties, meatballs, salmon cakes (try Mel Joulwan's recipe of you don't have one) could all be frozen and still be good reheated. You could also do things like tuna salad or egg salad that wouldn't take a huge amount of prep, or find compliant sausages or hot dogs that you could keep in the fridge or freezer. Frozen vegetables or the precut fresh ones can be a time saver as well. Remember that meals don't have to be fancy, they just need to contain protein, fat, and veggies. 

If you're used to eating all day, it may be difficult at first to get by on three meals and no snacks. Work on making meals big enough that you stay satisfied 4-5 hours at a time. If you do need to eat between meals, have a mini meal of protein, fat, and veggies, or at least two of the three, and treat it like a meal -- put it on a plate, take a few minutes to eat it, don't just set it next to you and eat mindlessly while you do other things, and don't just grab a handful of something each time you go past the fridge, actually think about if you're hungry or if you're just eating from habit or boredom or stress. 

Archived