Eating before a workout and How it has helped my works outs get done

-Kara

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
23 hours ago, Joe P said:

Is it really that serious to get extra food? I doubt it.

Not sure exactly what this means.  The recommendation is to eat a post workout mini meal of lean protein and starchy carbs in the 30-45 min window after a strenuous workout in order to aid in muscle recovery.  The preworkout meal which the original poster is talking about is an indication to your body that food is incoming and it can burn fat stores... depending on when the person is working out as to when their last meal was, sometimes the preworkout is not necessary. 

If this isn't what your comment was referring to, can you be more specific about what you were wanting to talk about here?

I was referring to the OP. I got the impression she was saying that if you eat a preworkout meal and end up not being able to workout, it's a big mistake. 

In saying "is it really a big deal?" i am saying - i don't think those extra calories being "unused" are a big deal.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Joe P said:

I was referring to the OP. I got the impression she was saying that if you eat a preworkout meal and end up not being able to workout, it's a big mistake. 

In saying "is it really a big deal?" i am saying - i don't think those extra calories being "unused" are a big deal.

Oh!  Yes, it's not - a pre workout meal is not an enormous amount of food but sometimes those kinds of mind games that we play with ourselves to make sure we stick to our plans for working out are effective :)  

Archived