Creamy Mushroom Sage Spaghetti Squash

Johnny M

Good god, man. That is insane. I may cry. Who the f&ck needs chicken alfredo with this in the house? Freakin' brilliant. Thank you. All I need to get is a few ingredients and a roasting chicken (I'll roast it myself since there aren't any compliant roasted chickens in my area) and I'll be making this.

Seriously. It is to bring tears to the eyes. You iz a rockstar, dude.

well shucks....thanks!

You are welcome, but thank YOU!

you could easily just cook a couple chicken breasts in a pan with some salt pepper garlic etc rather than a whole chicken!

I will do that. Thank you for the tip!

Note that I think this is going to pre-empt my children's begging for Well Fed's Char Siu Pork and Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook's Sesame Chicken Wings. The kids will just have to deal. Ha!

I noticed in the recipe that you stab the squash with a fork before cooking. I assume this is done with the squash whole? Is that how you cook all your squash? I always have major difficulties trying to cut the squash (whatever kind) with a knife to halve it before I cook it. I am afraid I am going to lose my fingers one of these days.

I noticed in the recipe that you stab the squash with a fork before cooking. I assume this is done with the squash whole? Is that how you cook all your squash? I always have major difficulties trying to cut the squash (whatever kind) with a knife to halve it before I cook it. I am afraid I am going to lose my fingers one of these days.

I started doing it exactly like that. I don't have a microwave so I roast it in the oven until the outside edges give when I press them. Also, I use a sharp (steak) knife to essentially put vents in the squash all the way around. Then put it on a roasting tray, add a few tablespoons of water, and into the oven. I think I cook it at 375 for about an hour, not sure of the time exactly.

I microwave it whole. I did it once without stabbing it with a knife (not a fork) and it exploded! That wasn't fun. As long as there's some holes for steam to escape it should work. It also gets really hot so it has to sit when done because you'll burn yourself if you try to cut it. I cut off the top before cutting it in half because cannot cut through that stem either.

Archived