Are there any testimonials from participants over the age of 65?

A (significantly younger) friend of mine did Whole 30 a year ago and raved about the life changing results which piqued my interest. I bought the book and psyched myself to begin the regimen 5 days ago. I feel better already. I would like to compare results with any other participant over the age of 65. Is there such a forum?

• Moderators

There isn't a dedicated forum to older folks but there have been a few groups in the past that have been anyone over 50 I believe... you can find previous threads by googling 'whole30 over 50' and 'whole30 older women'

• 1 month later...

I completed Whole 30 on August 24. A friend of mine did whole 30 last year and said it was life changing.  I got the book and read it multiple times. I psyched myself to do it and am happy to report it was well worth the effort. The regimen cleared up some problems I had with my legs. I also slept better, was more energetic and had a clearer head. I also never felt hungry or deprived.  I am slowly introducing some of the forbidden foods but definitely plan on avoiding sugar and bread. I love my home made mayo and salad dressings and plan to continue clarifying butter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, ChefMel said:

A (significantly younger) friend of mine did Whole 30 a year ago and raved about the life changing results which piqued my interest. I bought the book and psyched myself to begin the regimen 5 days ago. I feel better already. I would like to compare results with any other participant over the age of 65. Is there such a forum?

I’m a 71 year old woman and did whole 30 5 months ago and still do it more stay every day. I’ve lost 40 lbs

That's great work! I too am trying to continue on a modified program of W30. I have been traveling so I try to make good food choices while on the road. I plan to go back to the program when I get home because I can better control my diet. I really like the way I feel while on it. I also lost weight which I needed...but the lack of inflamation was the real NSV! BTW I'm 67. 

• 2 weeks later...

I started whole 30 on September 7 and I haven’t had any bad symptoms of anything. Everything has just gotten better. I’m going to continue doing this because I love how I feel. My achy bones are better, I haven’t had a collitis attack since I started, I don’t nap anymore. And my house is cleaner. All in all  it’s all good and I’m not even done. This is going really well. 

I too have enjoyed good health. I live an active life and exercise daily. I thought I ate a healthy diet, avoiding fats, salt, carbs, etc. However, following Whole 30 made me feel so much better and I ate clarified butter, used EVO and avocado oil to roast veggies, and used the prescribed amounts of oil and salt in all the W-30 recipes. Amazing results. I think sugar was the big culprit. I plan to continue a modified version of W-30 forever.

Archived