day 10-breaking out???

I am on Day 10 of vegetarian Whole 30, doing fine, no major complaints.  My main motivation was to figure out what was causing headaches and bloating.  Out of the 10 days I have been on Whole 30 I have not had a headache for five of them so already I am happy that I have found out something!  Also I am not waking up bloated in the mornings which I also love.  What I don't love is how much my face is breaking out.  What is with that??  It could be all the sugar I have consumed just oozing out of my face, but really--that is the only complaint I have.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Not an expert here but I am having a similar issue with big carbuncle break outs on my face and back. I don't ever get zits. 

I sort of chalk it up to detoxing. 

I think I need to drink more water to help flush them out. 

Maybe someone else has some insight...

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Dana M said:

I am on Day 10 of vegetarian Whole 30, doing fine, no major complaints.  My main motivation was to figure out what was causing headaches and bloating.  Out of the 10 days I have been on Whole 30 I have not had a headache for five of them so already I am happy that I have found out something!  Also I am not waking up bloated in the mornings which I also love.  What I don't love is how much my face is breaking out.  What is with that??  It could be all the sugar I have consumed just oozing out of my face, but really--that is the only complaint I have.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hormonal changes are a big thing with the Whole30 depending on where you come from diet wise before you get to the Whole30 - I'm guessing given 'all the sugar I have consumed' is an indication your diet may not have been great... that said, hormonal changes can cause skin irritations/changes but these are usually temporary.

I will chalk it up to hormones then.  It is true I ate WAY too much sugar--that was a big part of my motivation to do Whole 30.  I also wanted to figure out what was causing my daily headaches.  I am happy to report that on Day 11 I have been headache free for 6 days.  Love that.  Drinking more water to flush everything out is a great idea too.  Thanks for the info!

dv

Archived