Stomach Bug-What do I eat?

AmyGroat

I’m on R1 D10 and caught a stomach bug.  Normally I’d eat chicken noodle soup and cracks with soda to help settle my stomach.  What can I eat that’s light when sick?  Even better if it’s from a restaurant that could deliver.

• Moderators

It's hard to recommend something from a restaurant, but in general, broth, baked potatoes or sweet potatoes with a little ghee or olive or coconut oil and salt, plain grilled chicken. Peppermint or ginger tea may help settle your stomach. Banana or unsweetened applesauce would be okay, but you still don't want to have too much fruit. 

Getting sick sucks whether or not you are in the midst of your first W30.  I started my first during late winter when I have been prone to getting sick and I contemplated what I would do if it happened to me... luckily it did not.

My opinion is this (and what I considered if I had come down with the bug)... Eat sensible food even if it is not fully compliant.  A can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup is 'prolly better that a Hagen Daz binge.   Some crackers with ginger ale to help get you over it might be what is needed...BUT

... get back on the W30 as soon as soon I feel better as a restart.  I was not going to look on it failure but rather a pre-game scrimmage to the real thing.  10 days of understanding the concept to get a feel for it is still learned behavior...  treat yourself well (sensibly) to get through the illness as long as I commit to it as soon as able.

This is just my opinion of what I would have done if I had gotten sick.

Archived