New Group Starting 8/1/18 :Support and updates!

Hello Whole 30 land! 

This will be my third whole 30 but it has been quite a while.

I am gluten free in my normal life, but sweet treats and grab an go snacks have crept in and now I have a sugar dragon. I want to do a reset to get my body back on track. 

I would love for anyone starting this month to comment and maybe we can do a month of group support! 

Enjoy the journey!

Hey Kelly!

I've done W30 a few times over the years too! I'm back, having just had a baby a few months ago- ready to get at it! With a newborn who doesn't like to sleep well and three teenagers and work, I need my body operating in tip top shape! 

Plus I have nothing to wear. 

Today was day one although I guess I unofficially started Monday! I'm also doing something called Healthy Wage for extra motivation (I bet $$ against myself that I'll lose a certain amount of weight within six months- that'll keep me straight!) so I don't worry so much about cheating because I literally can't afford to, haha.

Today was a typical Day 1 for me - woke up late and ran out of the house without breakfast or a packed lunch! Thankfully my boyfriend had my back and packed me leftover steak and salad. I feasted on a banana, coffee and ice water and as lunch came close- I got a phone call- boyfriend was in a car accident (he's ok) and instead of eating lunch I went to meet him and follow him home. Thankfully I had pistachio nuts in my car because I was HUNGRY! We got home and I had the steak but the veggies didn't cook right so I tossed those. Cut up a red bell pepper (my very favorite snack food) and that was it.  By now the headache was starting and I knew I was lacking a few nutrient filled calories. I cut some strawberries and another banana up and had that. Now it's almost 8:30 and the baby was fussing this evening so I'm just now getting around to dinner- salmon and roasted potatoes w/ squash and zuchhini! 

Not an ideal first day, and my head is throbbing, but tomorrow is a new day! 

My struggle this time around will be working out. I just haven't figured out how to effectively fit that into my day. I've done some calesthenics but that's it. 

I'm also following along with the book Whole 30 Day by Day, how fun!

How was your first day??

Hey guys,

I started yesterday as well. I thought it was going well until I reached late afternoon and started feeling very sluggish. Unfortunately I woke up today feeling even more exhausted. I have heard this is how the first few days go, so I am hoping the energy kicks in soon. I don't even have kids, I cant imagine that on top of everything. Great job jeslight for sticking to it!

Since you girls have done this before let me know if you have any tips to staying on track. 

Meg

• Moderators

Hi. @jeslight -- you don't mention if you're breastfeeding your little one, but if you are, keep in mind that you should be eating four full meals a day, or more if you need it. You could have them as three full meals and two mini meals if that is easier.

@Meg1130 -- be sure you drink plenty of water, salt your food to taste, and make your meals match the meal template. You can download the template here:  

https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Hi, I'm starting my first-ever Whole30 tomorrow, and I'm excited! I eat very clean/whole foods and don't do a ton of legumes or grains (and when I do it's whole-wheat), so I'm not worried about dropping those for a month. My challenge will be staying away 100% from cheese and wine! Glad to have and give support during this time!

Hello all, I would love to join. A few months ago I had the IGg food sensitivity test done, and I am intolerant to all the things that Whole30 eliminates, plus a few. So I figured this would be a good form to start. I have tried to eliminate everything, but it's not always easy.... I have gone up to ~2 weeks, then slip. I would love to power through this and get past the mental cravings period (which hit me the first few weeks), but I need support. Any wisdom you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

Julie

Archived