Where did my period go?

Rmmariee

So for some background I also posted in troubleshooting about other things, but I wanted to come to ladies only to ask about some lady issues. I have hypothyroidism which I have treated with synthroid for years. I also take pill birth control and it has sorta helped regulate my period until recently. I am on day 9 of whole30 and my period is 8 days late. My last period was June 25th and it is now august 4th. I am a nurse so I know all about seeing the doctor, but I am wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this. I have had some issues with feeling full and not being able to finish meals, today I am going to get back into my exercise routine and see if that helps. I do have a high stress job and I travel a lot for fun. Here are my meals:

On a normal day these are my meals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast:

2-3 eggs with coconut milk scrambled in ghee (honestly I can barely finish 3, but def finish 2)

1/2 - 1 whole potato cooked in olive oil 

1/3 sausage homemade (I usually just take a few bites of it I can never finish it)

Sometimes 1/2 a cup of coffee with coconut milk 

Lunch:

3-4 baked buffalo chicken wings (franks compliant hot sauce & ghee)

1 snack pack of publix baby carrots (other days my veggie is 1 sweet potato)

1 small bannana or 1/2 of a large banana (I don't always have a banana just sometimes)

1 pack of cashews (sometimes)

Dinner: 

3 large meatballs (made with an egg, seasoning, and some almond flower)

1/2 zucchini sauteed in ghee 

1 pack of carrots (sometimes)

1 slice of watermelon (sometimes)

1 pack of cashews (sometimes if I didn't have any for lunch and if I am having a hard time finishing dinner)

Sometimes I have this for lunch or dinner:

4-5 medium sized Cajun seasoned shrimp cooked in ghee 

1/4 cup of steamed broccoli (some days it was 1/4 cup of baked cauliflower in olive oil with garlic)

• Administrators

Alrighty - sorry that it's taken a moment for us to respond.

Period timing changing is pretty common - in this portion of the forum there are lots of threads about this.

The thing that stands out to me the most is that you are under-eating. 3 chicken wings or 3 meatballs or 4 shrimps is not enough food for an adult. The recommendation for protein is 1-2 palms worth. That's the length, thickness and width of your own palm. A quarter of a cup of vegetables is approximately 8% of the amount of vegetables you should be having per meal. The veggie recommendation is 2-3 cups of cooked or equivalent.

Why are you eating cashews if you are already having a hard time eating dinner?

You definitely need to eat more food in general. 1-2 palms of protein, 2-3 cups veggies and 1-2 servings of plated fat. Don't rely on nuts here, nor on the oils you are cooking with.

Archived