Rey's Whole 30 Log

ref_whole30

Day 17: August 21, 2018

Meal 1: one scrambled egg, sausage, 1/2 avocado, strawberries

Meal 2: leftover pot roast, greenbeans

Exercise: 20 minutes elliptical, 1h15 yoga class

Meal 3: Rx bar (berry), baked potato, steamed veggies

I made it through trivia night again this week, but since I went straight from yoga I didn't have a chance to grab food at home. I ate an Rx bar on the way because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to eat anything at trivia, but I found the steamed veggies and baked potato on the "sides" list and decided to go for it (and doused both in Frank's). Not the most exciting meal, but at least it gets me out of the house and able to socialize!

Day 18: August 22, 2018

Meal 1: two eggs over easy, sweet potato home fries, tomatoes, and one sausage patty 

Meal 2: chipotle carnitas bowl (no rice or beans) with salsas, guac, and lettuce

Meal 3: beef kebabs with bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion topped with chimichurri

Snack: tea, coconut milk, handful of almonds

I didn't have a lunch packed for the first time, so had to do the Chipotle Whole30 hack of getting a carnitas bowl with no rice or beans. It was just underwhelming... I can definitely cook better food than that by this point! Hopefully won't have to do that again.  The kebabs were fabulous. My energy was also super low-- no tiger blood, for sure. Might be related to sleep quality?

Day 19: August 23, 2018

Meal 1: "kitchen sink" eggs with mushrooms, kale, onions, and avocados, topped with chimichurri

Meal 2: leftover kebabs with chimichurri

Meal 3: buffalo chicken salad

Day 20: August 24, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, spaghetti squash, and one chicken meatball

Meal 2: lettuce, 1 avocado, 1 apple, Rx vanilla nut butter packet

Meal 3: chicken with salsa

This was a weird day! I didn't have any leftovers to pack for lunch, so I basically ate just the salad (read: lettuce) from a lunch meeting and then ate a whole avocado and an apple at my desk. Then I left for a music festival in a another town, and managed to find a food truck that worked with me to figure out something I could eat, which was very cool of them. 

Day 21: August 25, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, tomatoes

Meal 2: a "healthy garbage plate" - roasted sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, avocado, and coleslaw (no mayo)

Meal 3: sautéed chicken, brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes

Snack: Larabar (cashew cookie)

Day 2 at the music festival, I found a "dairy free, gluten free" truck, and the owner assured me everything in the "garbage plate" was compliant!

On 8/26/2018 at 3:45 AM, ref_whole30 said:

Day 21: August 25, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, tomatoes

Meal 2: a "healthy garbage plate" - roasted sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, avocado, and coleslaw (no mayo)

Meal 3: sautéed chicken, brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes

Snack: Larabar (cashew cookie)

Day 2 at the music festival, I found a "dairy free, gluten free" truck, and the owner assured me everything in the "garbage plate" was compliant!

So cool to find a food truck that serves compliant food. What a stress reliever! I haven't been doing a very good job socializing, but I'll get better at it. I think once Whole 30 is done and I move into Food Freedom, I'll feel more confident in trying restaurant/food truck fare. 

You are doing an amazing job! 

Day 22: August 26, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, brussels sprouts, and tomatoes

Exercise: yoga class, rock climbing

Meal 2: brussels sprouts and aioli

Meal 3: "egg roll in a bowl" -- ground pork, cabbage, and a lot of onions (cooked with sesame oil, topped with hot sauce)

Egg roll in a bowl is officially my favorite discovery of Whole30 so far. This is delicious and super easy, and I will be eating it for dayssss

Day 23: August 27, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, sweet potato home fries, avocado

Meal 2: egg roll in a bowl

Meal 3: egg roll in a bowl

Snacks: strawberries and almond butter

First day of teaching at my new university! This was a stressful day, but I wasn't tempted to get something sweet as a comfort food, which is a positive sign. 

Day 24: August 28, 2018

Meal 1: eggs, sausage, avocado, tomatoes

Meal 2: brussels sprouts and sausage

Meal 3: sautéed chicken breast over a kale salad with tomatoes and avocado

Snack: strawberries and almond butter

I ate before trivia this week, which was a good call. Didn't need to scour the menu for something compliant

On 8/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, Lokan_V said:

So cool to find a food truck that serves compliant food. What a stress reliever! I haven't been doing a very good job socializing, but I'll get better at it. I think once Whole 30 is done and I move into Food Freedom, I'll feel more confident in trying restaurant/food truck fare. 

You are doing an amazing job! 

Thank you wholemate!!!! Yeah, finding things to eat out of the home is super difficult and often really boring ("I'll have a baked potato with hot sauce, please"). I'm thinking my plan post-Whole30 is going to be to keep it up at home but be more flexible when I'm out, because it really is super limiting.

Archived