Starting Today, August 6 - Anyone else want to team up?

sullyrox

Aww hang in there, Emily! I know your “Tiger blood” moment is coming! This is my second round and I feel like everything happened earlier this time. I also knew exactly what I was in for, so I felt very prepared. But you’re doing fantastic and we’re over the halfway mark! 

It truly feels rewarding when you finish the program and I found after my first one that I didn’t want to revert back to my pre-whole30 lifestyle. The sugar cravings were gone and I felt like I was strong enough to treat myself each week without going overboard. But it probably took to the very end of my first round to feel that way. And I think no matter how you’re eating, everyone feels crappy that time of the month :( I know I do! 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  I haven't seen any real changes yet, but I'm plugging away.  Things are very busy with back to school (my kids go back on Monday) so there's lots of errands and planning to keep busy.  Waiting for that magic moment when the body composition starts to shift :).  My sleep patterns have definitely shifted though, can't keep my eyes open past 10 pm and I'm wide awake by 5am.  So that is progress of sorts.  Working this weekend on keeping the fruits to the acceptable levels and working on not being/acting/looking like a martyr.  Depending on how I feel next week I may tack on another week or two to the end to solidify the re-tooled habits.

Hi Guys, my first time posting here, my first time trying the whole 30 and I started the same day you guys did. I was super worried at first but i did lots of research and studied from June until the beginning of August and I am happy to say that Im doing great. I am very surprised myself. Its been lots of fun to creat all this healthy meals for myself and I always feel good after.

I am a Le Cordon Bleu graduated chef and butter is the main ingredient in every meal that a chef cooks, but I am also starting a career as a Holistic Health Coach and this is the best way for me to leave the unhealthy buttery recipes behind and take my health and career a little more serious.   To me the whole process is so much fun, looking for recipes, grocery shopping menu planning for the week and fighting the sugar dragons too. There are though moments throughout but I found that being prepared is the reason I have great success.

I feel great physically also which is amazing to me, how important food is for your physical health. Im very happy I found this group, hope we can connect and help each other out.   

Hello Chef Leika - sounds like you have a terrific background for the food component of the whole 30!!!  Nice :)

I'm going to try out some new recipes myself this week to battle the tedium that's starting to set in.  If I come across any gems, I'll share with the group.  Going to try some broccoli chicken stuffed potatoes as well as a shrimp dish.  I usually do a huge batch cooking on Sundays since I work outside the home and we're always on the go so a few new recipes are definitely going to help shake things loose.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, CandiceLat said:

Hi everyone! Anyone else feeling like the “tiger blood” is settling in?? Workouts this week were exceptionally strong and clothes are fitting looser. Have a family reunion to attend on Saturday but I’ll be going in prepared. Right now, cravings are in check but old habits die hard on the weekends when I usually “treat” myself. However, I’ve found that nitro cold brew coffee and ice cold Bubly in a wine glass have been two wonderful things that has kept my FOMO fever in check ;) 

Archived