Starting August 20!

AdelaideNess

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All! 

Our starting August 4th Group has several of us starting the 20th or restarting then. If you all choose to come over to a larger group full of resources, you are more than welcome! Just thought I’d officially invite you. Either way be sure to be encouraged! You got this thing!

Blessings! 

Dianne

Hope4Overcomers

How did everybody’s first day go? Is anyone else following the 7 day meal plan? I’m a teacher on my last few days of vacation, so I was able to make my frittata this morning. I had a meeting at church from 6:00-8:30 pm. I was annoyed that they scheduled it at dinner time, but a lot of participants are retirees, so I figured it was after their dinner time so I had a late lunch to prepare myself for a late dinner. I got there to find tables set and a spread of pizza and salad and a mountain of cookies. I didn’t even have salad or grapes since I didn’t have any protein or fat to go with it. It was late when I got home and I hadn’t made spaghetti squash yesterday so instead I spiralized some summer squash and sautéed it with salt and pepper and ate that with my meat sauce. I may never want pasta again! That was so good. Now I really want some fruit and I’m trying to fight it, but if I let my dinner settle and I’m still hungry, I may have a few cherries and cashews.

I stopped at Trader Joe’s  on my way home and found that they have single serve cups of apricots and almonds. I bought a package to keep one with me at all times in case I don’t have access to real foods. I may also buy some jars of baby food to keep at school. I carried baby food with me in grad school to boost my veggie consumption. People look at you strangely, but if it’s between weird looks and starting the plan over again, I’ll take the looks, thank you!

I feel optimistic and in control today. I hope your Day 1 went well, and wish you strength and the resolve to do this for yourself as we head into Day 2!

Peace!
Andrea

Hello Friends!  I started yesterday, too.  I've done a few successful Whole 30s, but it's been a couple of years.  It's always easier when you have a gang to check in with, so I'd like to join you for the month!  It will come with some challenges, my only son goes off to college Friday, and my husband and I are going on a cruise in early September. I figured that should be an easy place to eat well, since they will cater to every food need  - we'll see!

My latest prompting to do another Whole 30 is that I've had poison oak and poison ivy this summer that will not resolve.  Whole30 has really helped with other skin conditions in the past, and I'm hoping this will help me kick it.

Have a great day 2!

OK if I join in with your group? I am officially starting on my first Whole 30 August 24th with my husband as that is when his vacation starts, but I have been mostly compliant since Friday. 

The headaches for the first 3 days were really something! I am noticing increased productivity, perhaps relating to no more wine with dinner. Anyone else experience this?

@LydiaJo thanks for the tip on planning ahead - very smart!

@Mandy612 I'm laughing about the wine - it's bound to make a difference!  I usually find that I get Tiger blood sometime in week 2 - wait until you get that coursing through you!

I purchased the Whole30 Day by Day book today. I like the idea of having an extra shot of motivation each day.  My day 2 went well, although I had some snacks cravings in the afternoon. 

How did everyone else do?

Greetings Fellow Whole30’ers!!

Whoot Whoot Day 3! I have a busy day but desperately need to get to the store for more supplies! What was that I read about being prepared before you start??? LOL!

Almost messed up Day 2 by being gone all day and ill prepared. I wasn’t counting on being gone all day. Prepare for the unexpected! Right??

This morning I’m sipping on some pure Earl Grey Tea. Had half an avocado, some leftover chicken, and veggies.

I’ve got my Whole30 book near me and Day By Day. I’ll read up and get a move on.

How is everyone else doing????

Be Encouraged!

Dianne

Archived