DBertrand

Can I Have... Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi?

These ingredients are: cauliflower, cassava flour, potato starch, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.  I know that cassava flour and potato starch are Whole 30Compliant, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? It seems to that the starch and 'flour' are functioning as 'binders' in exactly the same way as they would in meatballs.  Some advice please? 

Many Thanks,

Dan

1 hour ago, DBertrand said:

These ingredients are: cauliflower, cassava flour, potato starch, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.  I know that cassava flour and potato starch are Whole 30Compliant, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? It seems to that the starch and 'flour' are functioning as 'binders' in exactly the same way as they would in meatballs.  Some advice please? 

Many Thanks,

Dan

It's not really quite the same as binder in meatballs... binder would be a couple tablespoons of a starchy flour... gnocchi is a pasta which means that even when replicated with compliant ingredients, it's going to be a pasta... and pasta is nope.

SWYPO for me hide everywhere even in compliant stuff. thanks for this note on the gnocchi...trader joes pasta section is a no no section for me in the store...