Day 34 -- Ate a croissant with honey and in so much pain

nikibuds

I think I made a huge reintroduction mistake. I hate a croissant with honey on it about 5 hours ago and have been in so much pain since. It seriously feels like an alien is trying to punch it's way out. It's radiating through my back and literally EMPTIED my stomach about an hour and a half after eating it (yes, it was bad). Is there any way to make this better quickly? Or do I need to just ride this out!?!? I'm going back to 100% compliant tomorrow. This is unsustainable. I NEVER had an issue with gluten or grains before this in my entire life. Did Whole30 just ruin me from grains forever? Or was it the butter in the croissant? I guess I'll never know now. Is it normal to be in this much pain from one croissant? Meanwhile, my fiance ate a turkey club w/ cheese, bacon, tortilla chips, spinach artichoke dip, honey mustard, french fries and the same croissant I did (all non-compliant after 34 days of perfect whole30 eating) and he's perfectly fine! Ready to go out to dinner and eat sushi now!! How is this possible?!?! I had none of those things and I'm the one glued to the toilet. Ok. Thanks for any advice. 

Were you all eating at Raffertys? There used to be one of those in the town where I went to high school and the croissants were literally the best thing on the menu there. Although I don't remember them having Spin Dip (that was my go-to meal at restaurants, but I remember having the nachos for dinner every time we went there).

My recommendation to you would be to go back to Whole30 for a few days and then do a reintroduction by the book (so one day with the one food group and then back to Whole30 for two days and then a different food group). Then you can really pinpoint if it was the butter or the gluten or perhaps something else: Maybe it's an additive on that particular croissant? Maybe something else you ate with that meal gave you food poisoning? Maybe you randomly picked up a stomach bug and the timing just happened to coincide with the croissant? Good luck figuring it out! 

Archived