is Whole30 a euphemism for diarrhea for 30 days?

alewec

Cause, I'm just on day 4, but I'm sick of the watery stools every time I pee thing.  And super active/unsettled belly all day long.  Please, just someone tell me that my body will adjust.  I haven't had any of the typical "hangover" or "want to kill all the things" reactions.  Actually, nothing different except paying more for food that is passing right through me and feeding my toilet.  I mean, I see why this might stimulate weight loss, but I do not see how this can possibly be healthy.  

Any suggestions of things I can eat that will settle an overactive digestive system?  My normal go-to for upset belly is toast, but that's off limits so. . . 

• Moderators

Gosh, sorry you're not feeling well!!  A bit of digestive upset can happen but this sounds like more than 'a bit'.  It's hard to say what you should eat or stop eating since we don't know what you've been eating but a few tips for things that are known to cause digestive upset... nuts, nut butters and other nut/seed products, excessive fruit, dried fruit, lots of avocado sometimes...

Things that help with digestive upset are starches like sweet potato or potato, plantains, bone broth, bananas etc... take a look on google for food items that are meant to help with firming up stool and then pick out the items that are compliant and try some of those.

Maybe give us a rundown of what your meals have looked like and give specifics of what you've been eating and we'll see if something stands out.  Feel free to take an OTC medicine like Immodium if you feel you need to.

I had issues the entire 30 days, FWIW. I posted the same question and searched all around for some science knowledge.

I came up with basically "too much fat." I Cut back on the fat, upped the starches....voila. normal doo.

Archived