Period while taking birth control?

maisie

I'm on R1 D9. I take hormonal birth control to skip my period & I'm mid cycle on the pill right now. On Sunday (it's wed night now) I started my period and it's still going strong. I start school next week and am really hoping this stops before I start school. Does anyone know how long it takes fir your body to get used to the diet? Worst case scenario, if i eat dairy will my period stop?

• Moderators

So, it's pretty normal for people on Whole30 to experience hormonal changes that can result in periods happening early or late or being heavier or lighter. More than likely, yours will end in a few days. No one here can really say if eating dairy will make it stop -- different foods affect different people in different ways. If you are concerned, by all means contact your doctor's office and speak to someone there, who may be able to give you more specific advice. I would suggest continuing on for now and see what happens. 

22 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

So, it's pretty normal for people on Whole30 to experience hormonal changes that can result in periods happening early or late or being heavier or lighter. More than likely, yours will end in a few days. No one here can really say if eating dairy will make it stop -- different foods affect different people in different ways. If you are concerned, by all means contact your doctor's office and speak to someone there, who may be able to give you more specific advice. I would suggest continuing on for now and see what happens. 

Thank you! I've been reading through all the threads & it seems fairly normal, but no one says how long their unexpected period lasted them. I'm hoping it will go away within the next few days as I continue whole30 because I don't want to have to cut it short.

Archived