Shorter reintroduction

Shepdiana

We miscalculated how long the programme would take!  We thought it was 40 days (30 +10) but it's actually 42.  My husband has to go away for an important business trip on Day 41, just after testing gluten on Day 40.  So my question is:  is there a way of making the period two days shorter?  He wants to ensure that he has two days at home to evaluate gluten (which they say is one that might cause problems).   Could he only take one day after testing something if he doesn't have any reaction to it?  For example, if he doesn't react to GF grains, or legumes or dairy?  (We're currently on Day 22 by the way.)   Thank you!   Maybe I should contact the experts about this one?  

• Moderators

If he's more worried about gluten than something else, you could do the reintroductions in a different order and start with gluten to get it out of the way. Occasionally, people reintroduce an item, and feel fine immediately afterward, but in the next 24-48 hours notice reactions, which is why we recommend having two completely Whole30 days between each reintroduction day. So the problem with, say, having non-gluten grains one day, thinking, "oh, I feel fine, I'll just do my next reintro tomorrow instead of waiting," would be that you might have a reaction, and not know if it was an immediate reaction to the new thing you reintroduced, or a delayed reaction to the first thing. 

Thank you for your helpful reply.  That's interesting to know that a reaction can be delayed.  What he really wants to do is finish the programme in 40 days - not 42.  (I suggested that he shouldn't have gluten just before going away, because as I understand it, it's one of the things that is more likely to cause a reaction.)  He just wants to know how to shorten it to 40 days.    

Archived