Reintroduction query

Diarosa

After 45 days W30 I’m feeling fantastic: less joint pain, skin rashes gone, breathing and sleeping better and heaps of energy - tho I do question bounding out of bed at 4 am! So I’m planning my reintroduction phase. If I don’t feel like a particular food, say, legumes or dairy, is it still necessary to reintroduce them? Can I miss them out or should I stick to the protocols. Thanks for a great programme.

• Moderators

You don't have to reintroduce anything. If there's something you avoided eating anyway and you plan to continue to avoid it, you don't have to reintroduce it, and if you avoid it because you know it makes you feel bad, there's no reason to reintroduce it. If it's something you might eat at some point, it's probably worth reintroducing it just to see how you react, so you know how careful you need to be about it in the future. 

You could do slow roll reintroductions, if you plan to keep eating pretty close to Whole30 going forward: https://whole30.com/2014/09/dear-melissa-slow-reintroduction-roll/. Some people prefer this if they don't want to have a day of legumes at every meal, but might want beans at a restaurant once in a while. 

Archived