Starting Today!!

GlowShannonGlow

Hi! My name is Shannon, I'm 29 years old and currently living in Wisconsin. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 3 years and together for 12 years. We have two fur babies, both cats, Allie and Charlie.

I work in a local emergency department as a Health Unit Coordinator (I'm in the nurses station and make sure everything runs smoothly from patient care to operations). I'm also in nursing school (graduate in 2021) and volunteer for a local fire department as an advanced EMT.

I have been overweight since I was very, very young. I turned to binge eating when I was 5 due to my living situation I was in. When I was 23, I started using laxatives to help counteract the binging.

I'm happy to say that I've been binge free for well over a year and laxative use free for 4 years! My therapist has been wonderful in guiding me in the right directions!!

For the past few years I've been really focusing on my mental health, my self worth and self love...now it's time for it to happen on the outside.

Right now I'm struggling with food sensitivities daily and I'm working to identify them. It's another change for me, but I can do this!! Which has brought me to Whole30 and my Day 1! This past week, I re-read the book and then this weekend I readied my house and my husband! Haha!

Archived