Starting August 26 - Hubs Isn't

PDenny

So I've committed to starting my first round of Whole30 on August 26, the day my dad turns 70. In the last three years, I've gained pretty close to 40 pounds, and I'm tired of being sick and tired. I have a goal of being down that full 40 pounds by this time next year (I have thyroid issues, and am just setting super reasonable expectations). The trick here is going to be cooking filling meals that ensure my non-Whole30 husband is full. I suppose he'll end up being somewhat Whole30 since he eats pretty much whatever I give him. 

At any rate, I'm really excited to see where this journey takes me, and I'm so inspired by all the amazing triumphs I've read about here!

• Moderators

He may end up liking most of your whole30 meals, they're not what people typically think of as diet food. However, one way to do it so that he still has cheese or bread or whatever he can't live without would be to make compliant protein and vegetable options, and then let him add non-whole30 stuff to his if he wants. So if you make burger patties and oven "fries," you'd have yours in a salad or lettuce wrap, he could put his on a bun and add cheese.

Archived