Insulin Resistance-Sugar Addict

Hello! I will search online for similar topics posted in the past, but I could use some tips on doing the Whole30 with severe insulin resistance (Pre-diabetic). Today is day 1 of my whole30 and I'm transitioning from eating cupcakes for lunch to the Whole30 plan....

I intend on following the rules/recommendations and know it will help, but are there any guidelines I can pay special attention to that can help with IR? Just looking for any specific guidelines that I can really focus on that will help with IR. Thanks!

And while I know it will take time, I'm just looking for things I can focus on to start bringing relief (blood sugar normalization) somewhat soon....

• Administrators

Hi There, we can't give out advice for medical issues but do know that eating a Whole30 templated meal every 4-5 hours is going to teach your body to become fat adapted which means that you are less reliant on sugars. You are likely going to have a pretty rough first few days if you were actually eating cupcakes for lunch. :( Make sure you are eating within an hour of waking, eat every 4-5 hours, if you have to eat between meals, prioritize fat and protein combos. Ensure you are having a fist sized serving of starchy veggie at least once a day, drink tonnes of water, salt your food and be nice to yourself. Rest when you can, take it easy.

Archived